Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yesterday was hectic, today is much more relaxed. Isaac decided that his wake up time was at 1am this morning, he pretty much kept Eric and I up all night. Therefore, we're slow going this morning.lol Well, the older kids are trucking along with our schedule but they're having to drag me along. I've got a lot that needs to be completed today, so I'll rest later if it's all done. So far, I've made a pumpkin pie that was touted to be the Best Pumpkin Pie ever by some magazine I was reading at my mom's house yesterday. It is made with real milk instead of evaporated milk, which means I can adapt it to my needs.lol Not that I NEED PIE but I would love to have some kind of pie for the holidays that I can actually eat.lol (When you can't have fruit, most pies are out.) Here's the recipe in case anyone is interested...

Best Pumpkin Pie

1 15oz can pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk

Mix and put in pie crust. Bake for 30 mins with foil around the crust. Then 25-30 mins without the foil. Let cool, then refridgerate.

Enjoy!

I'm also making Pizza and smoothies for lunch and will start the yogurt after we eat. I'm working on our laundry today and will try to begin the laundry room clean up while I'm working in there. I need to make homemade playdough either today or tomorrow, since I received the playdough cutters in order to make the Toddler Bags for Bridget's trade thing we're doing. I was able to get some really neat cutters from Oriental Trading for about $12 for a 100 count. I figure that is pretty reasonable for making 20 bags to send along and then I'll get 20 bags from other women! Should be fun!

We got the call that Football practice starts tomorrow. I'm really hoping that we don't have to do too much running around this time. The kids are very excited! I will be too, after I see the schedule and see that they both have coaches. We had a snafu last season and Jon didn't get a coach until the week before the games started. He was a great coach but it was hard on the team since they didn't have much time to figure out how the game was played. I guess we'll see tomorrow. This also means I need to start working on more crockpot meals in my weekly menu. They'll be having practice 2x's a week, maybe on different days, and 1 game each on the weekends. Hopefully there won't be any games during the week this time. Some weeks we were at a game or a practice 6 days out of the week. Yikes! I just need to remember to breathe. The kids love this and I know that it's only for a short 8 weeks and then we'll be done.lol

Well, the pie's done and cooling. The pizza's in the oven. The smoothies are consumed and I'm trucking along.lol I better post this before I have to rewrite it.lol

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments: