Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm a bit grumpy today. LOL O.k., so I'm just extremely tired! My littlest evidently does not need sleep and will never need it again. I kept him up ALL day yesterday, even though he was just plain horrible and we finally put him to sleep at 9pm last night and he slept a total of 4 hours. ugh. I feel like I have sand in my eyes. I found my dh sleeping on the floor this morning, lol, you know things are getting desperate when he's resorted to sleeping on the floor. The poor man. I've done everything I can think of to get this kid to sleep but nothing is working. We even tried the let him cry technique and all that did was wake EVERYONE up. Not pleasant.LOL

Enough complaining.lol I have a lot to be grateful for. I finished all my goals for the week! I am going to celebrate by not doing anything else til next week, except basic maintenance. The pie was excellent! I ate 2 pieces for dinner last night and a piece after lunch today.lol There is definitely a plus to being pregnant. No one said anything about my indulgence.lol My little ones were enjoying the outside for the first time in two days and it started downpouring on them.LOL They were having such a great time and Genevieve came running in to tell me that it was raining "A WHOLE LOT!"LOL I got a towel and dried them off and they stood at the open back door screaming in delight with the rain pouring down. Ahh, to be little again.

The older kids are at P.E. right now and I'm going to go pick them up soon. We've had a nice afternoon and hopefully we'll have a good evening at football practice.

Blessings,

Lisa

8 comments:

Jodi said...

argh about the serious lack of sleep. I don't have any good thoughts or suggestions, my baby is 7 and it's been awhile. I've forgotten all my baby/toddler tips, LOL. I do hope that something will click and he will start sleeping better SOON!

Cynthia said...

I envy you being able to do nothing the rest of the week. Somehow or another I *never* get enough done to take a day off... sigh.... I guess I have too many things on my todo list (LOL)! Enjoy your time of relaxing. Now that you're all organized you can come and help me clean out a few rooms! It's reorganizing and redecorating time for a couple of rooms in our house! Fortunately, dh will do most of it though since I don't have time and he will have time on the days he can't work this winter.
Cynthia

Lisa in Jax said...

Jodi,

lol, Eric is getting desperate! Last night when I got home from football practice, he had bathed both littles and had Isaac in long johns. He was thinking maybe Isaac was getting cold at night and that was what was waking him up. Well, instead of having a baby in bed with us last night, we had a very sweaty baby in bed with us.LOL I'm thinking maybe we'll try background noise in his room tonight.LOL

Lisa

Lisa in Jax said...

QB,

Well, you have to remember that I'm just getting organized so I'm not completely there yet. I just pick what I think I can accomplish for each week, no more than 5 things, and then use that as an incentive to try to finish early. There is still plenty to work on but each day I get closer to my goal, an organized home that has been decluttered enough that I can keep up with it. I've been ruthless in my decluttering and I hope that I will finally see the end of my goal by February. My hope is to have a house that doesn't take too much to keep up, so that it won't be destroyed during my maternity break.lol

Lucky you that your dh will be helping with the remodel/redecorating! Eric's been way too busy with this new job to help and I wouldn't want him trying with the load he's got right now. I'm working on decorating each room slowly over time and my room is next on the list! I'm excited! We've never really done anything with our bedroom before and we're going to buy pictures and everything!lol I can't wait. Right now though, we need to find out what this kid is so we can buy him/her some clothes and such! So far we've only bought one outfit, in yellow.LOL

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

{{{Lisa}}}

I'm right there with you with the sand in the eye syndrome. I'm telling you I struggle more with this with each child...probably because I'm getting older and feel like I NEED more sleep. I never used to take naps...but with Stacia's pregnancy I had no trouble at all napping each day - and didn't feel a bit guilty....that's your big job right now.

You're handling life with grace! I'm proud of you.

Lisa in Jax said...

I know that this is a season but I really like my sleep too.lol I guess I'm not at the desperate stage yet, since I had Evie and I'm still kind of still used to it but it's getting harder each day.lol I'm really hoping the music helps tonight, poor Eric has to function! Lord willing, this child will be sleeping before the next one gets here.lol Of course, that won't help Eric but at least then we'll only have ONE awake at a time.lol

lisa

Jodi said...

Lisa,
I finally rememberd my toddler sleep troubles tip but it is not one that will work for everyone. My oldest had some sleep issues as a toddler. We put a small fish tabk in his bedroom and had the light on at night rather than in the day. He felt he had company, there was a little light from the small colored bulbs and the whirring noise from the filter seemed to help lull him to sleep. I'm sure this tip would not be for everyone, not everyone would want to set up a fish tank in the childs' room. It's kinda faint memory now but I'm thinking we were pretty desperate when we tried that idea and it did work.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm hoping the cd player will serve the same purpose. We did the fish tank when Allison was little and we kept finding her trying to "pet" the fish in the tank.LOL Those poor fish didn't last very long. I could only imagine the torment that Isaac and Genevieve would do to any poor unsuspecting fishes we brought into the house. This set of kids are not gentle.LOL

I imagine the best pet for these two would be a bull mastiff.LOLOL

Blessings,

Lisa