Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Update: the sauce was terrific! It's definitely a keeper in this house. Thanks for posting the recipe, De'Etta.

Blessings,

lisa

Here's De'Etta's recipe for those interested...

PIZZA SAUCE
2 6 oz cans of tomato paste
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp of Basil
1 tsp Marjoram
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Oregano
1/2 Tbl Honey (I used sucanat)
1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper

I add a bit of crushed fennel to some of the sauce - yum.
*add 2 Tbl water as needed

Mix all ingredients
Cook on low to simmer 10 - 20 minutes.

Makes - enough for two pizzas....We quadrupled the recipe and got four quart size bags. We're going to make 8 times this recipe next time. I freeze them and pull out a bag on Friday a.m.

5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you liked it. This was the first one that my kids really liked...and we've tried many over the years. Jamin informed me I need to make some more....sigh. I can't seem to catch up with their appetites...but you know....20 years from now I'll look back and say "remember when we had 3 teenage boys in the house at one time?" LOL

Cynthia said...

Hi Lisa,
We also made this recipe and the dough! I was wondering what proper blog etiquette is in this circumstance. I didn't know if I should post the recipe and give her credit or just put a link to her blog. I see you posted the recipe so maybe that's the proper thing to do? It was YUMMY!!

Lisa in Jax said...

It was really good! I hated the sauce we were using, it was way too sweet. This one is just right.

D-
Keeping up with demand is the sticking point in this house. It seems the more I buy, the more they eat.lol If I make 24 muffins, they all the sudden can EAT 24 muffins.lol I have to admit though, I love cooking and baking so it's really no big deal.

C-
I figured that I would post the recipe giving De'Etta proper credit, that way she wouldn't get bombarded at her blog since this recipe was posted a while ago.lol Not that I have A LOT of readers but I would have felt bad if she all the sudden had a huge demand for the pizza ingredients again.lol

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh - didn't I tell you that I'm going to write a cookbook so all my recipes are copyrighted???? :::snort:::

Either will work just fine for the credit thing...really women share recipes...so there you have it. This is simply an extension of that....If you direct them to my blog and someone asks...I'll tell them to click recipe and have a fun time finding it. I'm not sure how to do the link things. LOL

I've STILL not updated the template so the categories aren't in the side bar because I KNOW I'll have to put all the graphics, tickers, counters etc back in when I do that. ugh. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

I was hoping that you wouldn't mind. I figured that it'd just save you time.lol

Lisa