Friday, October 27, 2006

My menu for this week


I'm making the menu now and shopping today because I'm not feeling good and I'm worried that if I wait, everyone will go hungry.lol Called the doctor and he said I'm on my own, there's nothing they can give me, so if I'm getting this, it could be a long week. Prayers still appreciated!

Lunch

Ramen
Sandwiches
Lunchables
Mac and cheese


Dinner

Crockpot "Rotisserie" Chicken, baked potatoes, and salad
Homemade Pizza, salad
Garlic-butter Parm pasta, steamed brocoli
Black beans and rice, rolls
Chicken Noodle soup w/dumplings
Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans

If you notice, most of the things on this list are easy prep things that my kids can accomplish on their own if needed. I really feel the need to be prepared, just in case I get hit with this and feel better knowing that if at least one of us is standing, we'll eat this week.lol

My dh stayed home today and so we've declared our first "sick day" of the year. The older kids have been keeping themselves busy with fun stuff. Jon's been working on a "Rube Goldberg" contraption and Allison was working on finishing off a project that Jon was working on yesterday which was to make a "Post Office" for Genevieve on top of her bunk bed. It's quite cute and I'll try to upload a picture after my shopping trip. The littles are feeling better today. I had a feeling that they'd be o.k. but am glad that we got some meds for their noses. They did not sleep last night at all.LOL Eric was so nice to let me take a nap this morning. It's been a rough week and I really needed that nap.lol You can only take so much sleep deprivation and puke before you want to throw in the towel.LOL

My ultrasound is on Wed and I'm so hoping that I'm feeling well enough to go. I'd love to get a look at my newest little one. The last time I got a look, the baby was only the size of a peanut.LOL Have a great week!

Blessings,

Lisa

5 comments:

Jodi said...

oh no, oh no, you can't get it :-(. Sounds like maybe the littles will be feeling better if you are having to contend with the sickness. It sounds like a very good plan indeed to have easy meals for the big kids to prepare, just in case. thank goodness for big kids. I don't know what I'd do without my 10 yo dd some days!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Praying.....

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks Jodi and De'Etta,

We're hanging in there. Isaac been quite sick still but he's better with the meds. Evie's one step ahead of Isaac and is no longer throwing up every morning and every night.LOL Allison is now coughing but that's it and I'm coughing but we're o.k. Thanks for your prayers. We need them.

lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh - I'd hoped to see a new post saying you were feeling fine and no longer worried about coming down with this bug...still praying.

Debbie said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. The flu really stinks under any circumstances, but I can't imagine having it while pregnant.
I'll be praying!