Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This has been one of those days that you just wish would end.lol Both littles are sick yet again. Genevieve has this nasty cough that made her throw up last night in bed and she's been sharing it throughout the house all day today. Isaac woke up with "the nose"...that just can't stop and a little cough that will probably be up to Evie's scale by tonight. I am praying that my older kids skip this one because this is the kind that just about kills Jon. I'm praying desperately that I'm immune.LOL

Really, the littles have been good today. They've been low energy and besides wanting a lot of snuggles they've been a fairly good bunch. I guess I'm just feeling discouraged by all these illnesses we've been having. I know that it's this new climate and the yo-yo weather. The kids just aren't used to it being hot one day and cold the next. This move has been such a hard adjustment in every way. I have to admit that I miss Miami like crazy. I'm trying to stay focused on the positive and the future instead of the past but days like today make it hard.

Now for the brighter side of things...LOL The kids and I were able to get the house back into working order and now it's just maintanence for the rest of the week. We're planning on making some tic tac toe mix tomorrow and the older kids had a great time at P.E. today. All my laundry is caught up and I'm going to get to all the ironing tomorrow. We're having spaghetti casserole tonight for dinner, which is Allison's favorite and garlic bread.Yum!

I'm revamping some of Jon's subjects and have been working on this for most of the day. He's going through the brain fog of adolesence and has been having trouble focusing on his work lately. He's also not been following directions and/or not completely understanding what he's supposed to be doing at any given time and/or not telling me that he didn't understand until Friday night when everything is due.LOL Now see, he's benefitting from my experience with Allison. Since I know that this is just a phase, I am just going to adjust his work for this period of his life and not torture him because he just can't meet my demands.LOL I'm going to be focusing on his quality of work, following directions, and making sure that he does things my way for a while. No use hitting my head against a wall until this goes away. I need to address the character problems that are causing this to happen.

Anyway, that's been my day. Long, but productive. Isaac just fell asleep on top of a video, so I'm guessing this is going to be a long night also.LOL Poor guy, I know he needs his sleep but I just wish he could've waited until tonight.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

6 comments:

Jodi said...

argh, sorry to hear you have sick ones too. I haven't blogged yet but I had one up in the middle of the night with it, yuck.

Hope the rest of you don't get it.

I think it is a good idea to change things as needed with your son. I do that with Trevor sometimes too. I'm not sure if we have hit the adolescent fog yet (he's 12, 6th grade-ish)so I suppose it will not be long.

Lisa in Jax said...

12 is THE age. That's usually when my kids lose their heads for the year. It's been kind of frustrating but I'm weathering it much better than these illnesses.lol

I am just praying that everyone who's sick gets better and that everyone who's well stays that way.lol

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Don't those younger children benefit so much from all the lessons you learn with the older ones? LOL

Praying the rest of you don't get sick. Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it right now...though it sounds like you got an incredible lot accomplished through it all.

Lisa in Jax said...

D-
LOL You better believe it! We still have the struggles but I think that I handle them a whole lot better. It's so nice to know that it's a phase instead of some terrible character flaw that will ruin them for life.LOLOL

I'm still feeling o.k. even though I felt like the story "10 in the bed" last night.LOL I had that song playing in my head all night.LOL

We did get a lot done. I haven't lost the older kids yet so life can still continue...for now.lol

Jodi said...

Now that you mention it Trevor did forget how place value works recently and needed a refresher course. If this starts at 12 I wonder when it ends? LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

Well, I only have experience with my dd and she left the fog behind around the age of 13.5 but boys could be different.LOL