Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm facing my first test. Energy was at an all time low this weekend and now I have to decide. Do I throw up my hands in disgust and throw in the towel, saying that I just can't keep up with the demands of this household? Or do I rally the troops and face this mess that I allowed to happen over the weekend? In the past, this wouldn't have been a question. I would have reconciled myself to the fact that no one could keep up with these kids and, really, why should I? They're just going to mess it up again. I would have told myself that I didn't stay home to have a picture perfect house, I stayed home so that I could homeschool the kids! So what if it took us 3 hours to find our math books or that we didn't quite get to science because I couldn't remember where I put the supplies for this week. I mean, science isn't THAT important.LOLOL I WAS tempted this morning but I guess God has been working on me because I am rallying the troops and will tame this beast of a house back into what we NEED it to be. An orderly, peaceful, inviting home to live in, where I'm not afraid of drop-in visitors or door to door salespersons.LOL

Goals for this week:

1. Get the laundry under control. I have at least 5 loads to do today and I need to make sure that I work on it Friday so that Monday won't be so much.

2. Make sure that each room gets a once over each day.

3. I need to make playdough and bread this week.

4. Give both bathrooms a deep cleaning.

5. Mop all hard floors.

I guess that's all. I need to keep it low key for this week. Genevieve's not feeling well today and I need to focus on the kids this week. I think that I can get all this done but my focus will be taking care of my children. I don't plan on making progress this week, just going to try to keep up.LOL I best get started making those smoothies, since I've already got illness in the house.

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yay- rally the troop!!!

It's o.k. to have a "maintain" week.

We are having a cold front too.

Lisa in Jax said...

The kids and I have been able to get the house back in order from the weekend. Now we're in a holding pattern until I get these little ones better. Poor kids are not feeling well today.

Jodi said...

Just keep swimming when those times hit, just do the next thing. Sometimes things have to wait when thee are sick ones, esecially very little sick ones.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm supppose to be swimming?!?LOLOL I know what you mean. Life just needs to happen for now. I can worry about details later once little people quit puking on me.lolol