Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Today has been a pretty good day so far. The kids are working hard on their studies and the little ones are feeling a little better today. I was able to clean out the big pantry yesterday and will work on our two white storage cabinets that are in our dining room today. I usually store bulk snacks in one and extra buys in the other, like mac and cheese, ramen, and cake mixes. The snack cabinet is a mess as it's frequented by little hands but I don't think I'll need to do much to the other. I've got most of the surface areas in the house clean and orderly, so now I'm focusing on the inside stuff, like cabinets, drawers, shelves, and a few boxes left over from the move. I feel like I've never had a house so organized! It's great to wake up each morning and know that I don't have a huge mess to clean up. I just need to stay healthy so that I can keep it up. The kids are in training mode right now and if I went missing in action then the house would fall to chaos.LOL I still have to remind Jon to unload the dishwasher each morning and if I don't remind the kids to switch activities, they don't.LOL I'm guessing that after about 2 months, they should be able to keep things up without the constant reminders.

I'm also planning on a baking session either today or tomorrow. I still need to make bread and I need some muffins for the freezer. I'm going to play it by ear though, since yesterday was so stressful. I only have to do the minimum but anything extra will be a real boost right now.

I'm still printing out pictures. I've printed the most current and now I've gone back to 1-1-06 and will print everything from there to catch up. It will be so nice to have all the pictures printed and in books so that everyone can enjoy them. I got a shipment of picturemate paper and ink in the mail today so I should be able to print all the pictures. I'm also dating them as they come out of the printer, so everyone will know when these were taken. I'm only printing each date at a time so when one batch is done, I just mark them all and start the next date.

I bought Isaac a Potty. It came in the mail today. He thinks it's a vehicle of some sort.LOL I'm hoping to introduce potty training gently within the next few weeks. He may not be ready yet but it would sure be nice to only have one in diapers at a time. He has figured out how to get naked now and I'd at least like to have a potty for him to try out on naked days.LOL

Well, I guess that's it for now. I better get out of this chair if I'm ever going to get anything done.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Sending many good luck wishes for the new potty trainer in your family!

Lisa in Jax said...

lol Well, I did get him to sit on it today right after his bath and he didn't seem fazed by it at all. Maybe he'll figure it out.lol Thanks for the wishes, I can use all that I can get.lol

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Where do you order ink and paper?

Are you scrapping or what? I'm really serious about figuring out what to do other than hours and hours of scrapping with my photos. I USED to have them all caught up - yes, in magnetic albums but we could SEE them...then I went to scrapping and now I'm years and years behind.

Good luck with Isaac - keep us updated.

Cynthia said...

Way to go on the potty training. Our little guy is will use the toilet, but only for #1 (LOL). For #2, he's trained in that he tells me when he needs a diaper (LOL)! We're working on getting him to use the toilet instead of the diaper, but so far he's not liking the idea.... sigh...

Cynthia said...

oh.. one more thing. WAY TO GO on the organizing. We did some major organizing here this summer and so far so good. We've been able to keep it up pretty well. You DO know that it takes 21 days to create a new habit, right? So... keep it up and eventually it will all be 2nd nature! I guess I should sign my name. I didn't on the others, but now you'll know who I am if you didn't already recongize me as QueenBee (LOL)
Cynthia

Lisa in Jax said...

D-
I order my stuff throught Amazon.com. I get the free 2 day shipping and they have it on there for $20. I got it in 3 days.

No, I'm not scrapping right now. Two Christmases ago, I asked everyone for photo albums and was blessed with about 20 good sized ones.lol For now, I'm just putting them into these photo safe albums so everyone can enjoy them. Once life settles down, I'll scrap them. For now, I just dated the back of each one and put them into my albums.

C-(of course I knew who you were!)
I totally understand what you're saying. Evie was the same way. It took us quite a while before she'd go on the potty.lol I'm hoping that Isaac will be easier but my last boy was the hardest of all so who knows what Isaac will do.

Thanks! The organizing is something I've always wanted but could never seem to manage. I do know that it's going to take a while for the habit to be established, many of my kids aren't used to having a neat house and if I don't watch them, they will go through the house and destroy it.lol My goal is to keep going for the next 2 months and hopefully by then, the kids will be doing somethings without reminders. We'll see. I'm willing to remind as long as needed.lol

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah Lisa, you are doing so good with all your projects. Reminders are not a bad thing....as an adult I still need reminders....that's why I have a zillion pop up notes in Outlook. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks De'Etta! I trying not to over-do any one thing but I know that I need to get things in order before this new baby comes. If I can get the house in order and train the kids in our new schedule, then hopefully, when this new baby gets here, things will move smoothly while I'm unable to run around.

You're right about the reminders! This is one place where I usually extend grace.

Lisa