Friday, October 06, 2006

I've hit the half-way mark!

20 weeks down, 20 to go!(lol) It's amazing how fast time is flying lately! My next Dr's appt is on Wed and I should get an appt for an ultrasound then. I am really excited to find out if this is a girl or boy! I think I've nailed down names for this baby either way but I'm not going to reveal it until he/she gets here. I've had people in the past say not too nice things about my choices before the baby arrived, so this one stays hidden until birth day.

Eric and I had a great day yesterday. Dinner was great and dessert was better.(LOL) We had pork roast with buttered noodles and salad. For dessert we had brownies with various toppings. After dinner, I told Eric about the Organic Rice Crispies I discovered and he took me to WinnDixie to buy some! When we got home, we took Genevieve for a walk and talked with the neighbors for a while. Isaac fell asleep at 5:45 last night and Allison stayed home to keep an ear out for him. Well, he slept until 5:30 this morning! Wow, he must have been tired! I was tired at 5:30 this morning but was able to stay awake until around 7:00 when Eric left for work.(LOL) Eric trapped Isaac in our room with a baby show on tv for me so I could rest and Isaac was happy and I went right to sleep. Genevieve got up at 7:30 and was delighted to find her brother awake and ready to play. lol She promptly let him free from his bedroom prision and he promptly laid down on the great room floor and fell back to sleep. lolol She was so upset. She came to me and said she couldn't find Isaac and so I got up and there on the floor, was Isaac, sound asleep. She was not amused. lol Allison put him to bed for me, as it's hard for me to bend and pick up and he slept until 10:30 this morning. Boy was he tired! Well, now we are getting ready for the park and hopefully it won't be too hot. Oh and I made my first batch of rice crispie treats this morning and we will eat them after lunch! YUM! lol

Blessings,

Lisa

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Yippee on the halfway point! I think that's a good idea to keep the name ideas to yourself. It saves on rude comments (intentional or unintentional) plus saves a surprise for family and friends later!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Congrats on the 1/2 way mark.

Yes - I try to keep names secret too.....really because I like a surprise. With my first one no one knew if it were a boy or girl - and that was FUN...then I've had complications and everyone always knows....but I keep the name for us to surprise folks with. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

Thank you, thank you...(me taking a bow)lol

Our first two were surprises but after that we just wanted to be prepared.lol It's also easier if you only have to come up with one name instead of one for girl and one for boy. I have to admit that this is the first child we've had trouble naming.lol Before I always just "knew" but this one has been elusive. I just can't wait until we can hold this little one. It still seems so far away. Of course we are no way ready for this one yet, so I guess it's good we have a few more months to find everything we need.lol