Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I know it seems like all I ever post about is organizing, menus, and the like but I also want to share with you about the heart issues that God has been working throughout all this. For the past few years, I had lost sight of the amazing blessings that God had given me. They were lost in a cluttered home, a disorganized mom, and mostly in my fear. I was afraid of what God had given me. I just knew that I couldn't handle it. I had a lot of people telling me that I couldn't handle my children, house, or life in general.lol I let that fear be my focus and I lost touch with how to make things better. A few months ago, I prayed that if my life was to be blessed by more children, that God would give me the strength to rise to the occasion and instead of drowning in the chaos of my, then, current life, that I would be able to have a vision of what our lives should be. God has given me that plan. He has, slowly over the past 4 months or so, helped me out of the fear and chaos that we lived in. I prayed for a schedule that would fit us and he has provided. I prayed for organization and he has met our needs--ten fold! I prayed for strength to keep my house in working order and God has not only given me the ability to keep it clean but he has given me more hours in my day to do it in.lol (Of course, I fight this one, but it's really been a blessing!) I prayed for the strength to be able to feed my family healthy meals from scratch and with my menu system, I've been able to meet that goal also. I am no longer afraid of my family and no longer do I fear more children. This new baby will be met with the same amount of excitement that the very first one produced in my heart, because, I know that I can do it and that my children are well cared for indeed. What a blessing God has given me! I am learning mostly about trust, to guard my heart from those who would have me lose focus, and not to fear anything that comes from my Lord and Savior. So in my cleaning, organizing, and my life in general, I am finding joy.

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

Jodi said...

awwww that was a really nice post!

Cynthia said...

Lisa,
Sounds like you've come a LONG way! YOU GO GIRL!
Cynthia

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Awesome, awe-inspiring testimony. God is good!

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks everyone! I've been learning so much, it's such a blessing.

Lisa