Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Well, I'm making yogurt right now. I totally didn't follow the instructions so we'll see if I really end up with it at the end.LOL I really like the taste of Stoney Field Farms Organic French Vanilla Yogurt and decided to try to recreate it. I took 3 1/2 cups of whole organic milk, added 1/2 cup cream and 1/4 cup natural sugar. Heated it and am now waiting for it to cool. Once cool, I will add my starter with 1 tsp vanilla and put it in my yogurt maker. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I know that they don't get that taste or consistancy by adding those ingredients after the yogurt has cultured, so I'm experimenting to see if this will work. I'm just a maddd scientist!LOL

blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to know what you discover. I have no idea HOW but the rival ice cream maker is also a yogurt maker...so I guess I can try to find the manual online. I've had ZERO luck with yogurt before but we are buying two cases of 32 oz containers of Brown Cow vanilla every month....

I could try again.

Trying to post as anon and see if it will let me.
De'Etta

Lisa in Jax said...

It's great to "see" you again, De'Etta! I'm glad that the anon worked. The yogurt worked! I'm excited because the organic yogurt is so expensive and sometimes they run out so it'll be great to be able to make my own.

Blessings,

Lisa