Friday, September 22, 2006

Today was a looonnnnggg day.LOL Isaac was up again last night, several times and it just makes it feel like yesterday never ended. We've had a pretty good day, nothing exciting just regular. We were stuck at home today because we were waiting for Terminx to arrive. We were able to come up with many different activities to keep us busy. First, the kids played with the Easy Bake Oven. They made blue cake, chocolate chip cake, and pretzels. After they finished with the oven, they moved on to crafts.LOL First, Jon took Genevieve around the block to collect flowers and then they shaved crayons and made stained glass windows by having me iron it all between two pieces of wax paper. Then they all made two scarecrow door hangers from Oriental Trading Company. They named Genevieve's Freaky Fred. LOL He had three eyes and he was put together pretty interesting.LOL They all had a good time. I gave Isaac some cotton balls and glue and he glued them onto a piece of paper with a face drawn on it. The hardest part was keeping him from eating the glue.LOL After all this fun, the older kids worked on their school work and Isaac had a bottle and watched a little t.v. while I worked with Genevieve. We did some cutting and pasting and then I set her up with some paint with water. Then I went to snuggle with my little Isaac who was just rolling around on the floor being as cute as can be.LOL He's such a sweetie.

I bought The Toddlers Busy Book and The Preschoolers Busy Book and finally had a chance to look through them today. It has really good ideas! Reminds me of Slow and Steady Get Me Ready. I decided to try one of the activities in the book which was to tape a road onto the floor for the kids to drive their cars on. Well, I didn't want to chance ruining the carpet so I used a box and drew a road and town. It turned out to be alot of fun for both little ones. My ds helped to draw the city and roads on the second part of town and the little ones played with the box the rest of the day. I'll upload the pictures of the town next. There's a couple of things I want to try out in the book next week but I need to collect some supplies. I think we'll try the puffed rice "sand box" next and I thought I'd try to put together a Baker's box and a Busy box. I really like the books a lot!

It was a good day.

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments: