Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Menu this Week: (completely done by Allison)

Lunch

Pizza
Hot dogs and chili
Lunchables
Ramen
Mac and Cheese

Dinner

Baked Tilapia
Hamburgers and Fries
Steak and Potatoes
Salad Bar
Grilled Chicken


Today is muffin making and bread making day. I love to have muffins in the freezer for lunches and snacks. It's a great traveling food. I bought some frozen blueberries, so I'll make blueberry muffins and I'll make some chocolate chip as those are everyone's favorites. I will also make at least 2 batches of bread today. That usually makes 4 loaves or around 35 rolls. I usually make two loaves and 18 rolls. I use the Family Homestead's whole wheat bread recipe but I use unbleached flour instead of ww. I just can't seem to digest ww, so I figure unbleached is better than nothing.LOL I love the King Arthur Unbleached Flour. Very good! My yogurt from yesterday turned out great! We now have 2 quarts of very good quality vanilla yogurt for the week. I've found that the more I make myself, the cheaper the grocery bill. I've also found that I can get this all done with 4 kids in the house, even though 2 are little. LOL And I've found that my little ones can do a good job of helping.

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

King Arthur is the type of unbleached flour we use too. I finally posted my pull apart garlic bread recipe if you are still interested. I need to start making muffins. I haven't made any in a very long time. I love the idea of making ahead and freezing them.

Jodi

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks!!

I'll try it out..