Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another busy day! This is becoming a habit.LOL My mom called this morning and wanted to go to the mall, so off we went! We only ate lunch there, I didn't actually buy anything but they were having a book fair and both Genevieve and Isaac got a free book. They were quite happy.LOL

Afterwards, we went over to Target in search of Catch a Bubbles. Unfortunately, they don't carry those after summer, so I'm going to have to track them down on the internet. Isaac loves bubbles but it is soooo hot here that I only like to blow them inside. These bubbles are not made of soap and clean up just by rubbing and they are firm enough that you can catch them on your fingers. Well, the kids love them! And I, of course, love to indulge them in these small little pleasures. I'll leave no stone unturned!LOL

Target also had all their maternity shirts on clearance, so I bought 3 new ones to go with my 3 that I bought on line. I now have enough clothes! I had previously bought 14 pairs of pants on ebay and they are on their way. I know that I don't need 14 pairs of pants but this was the best auction and I was able to get them for less than $5 a pair including shipping.

After we dropped my mom off at home, we went over to Walmart to see if they had the bassinet and carseat that I was hoping to get. They had both, so now I have somewhere to put the baby and a way to bring baby home when he/she arrives. I got the pooh bear themed stuff and it is just so cute.LOL We also bought the pooh bear bedding to go on the crib and an outfit ( in yellow). So now the baby has one thing to wear.LOL

After we got home, we bathed both little ones and they are now squeaky clean. (For the moment.LOL) They were sticky from the lunch we had at the mall and from the cookie at Target and the M&M's from Walmart.LOL Yes, they are wired.

Oh and the big kids have been gone all day with my dad. He takes them roller skating every Saturday that they are healthy. They really love spending the time with him and they just love skating! They'll get home around 5:30 and will be quite worn out.LOL I'm glad that they can do something special with him each week!

Well, that's it. I'm about to start on my menu for the week and then fix dinner with whatever I can find in the house. From there, our day is just about done.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Good grief!!! There must be something going around if we've BOTH been at the mall so often this week. I hate malls - but I could get used to this. LOL

I have the pooh stroller....the pattern is cute.

Congrats on the maternity clothes. Will we get to see you in them????

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL It must be some kind of plot. We must resist! Before you know it, we'll be sporting those fancy purses and designer jeans and telling everyone what a good deal we got on them. They only cost 1/2 our dh's paychecks.LOLOLOL

Blessings

Lisa

ps. We already have 3 strollers, so we decided to not get the pooh stroller even though it was cute.LOL We will probably get the swing next paycheck. And I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to actually take a picture of myself while pregnant but I'll consider it.LOL

Jodi said...

Sounds like a good, if busy day! I won't join you two as "mall rats" LOL but that is mainly because we live so rural that the mall is a bit of a long haul.

We had Pooh for a theme with Colin, gotta love pooh bear - grin. Glad to hear that you've found plenty of good maternity clothes now.

I've never done a weekly menu system but it sounds like a good idea, rather than floundering each day with the what should I make today dillema ....especially since we have to have our main meal for lunch not supper with Dh's schedule. I really must try a menu one of these weeks and see how it goes.

Jodi

Lisa in Jax said...

A weekly menu helps me save money. That's the only reason I do it.LOL I actually hate trying to figure out what to eat for the week but when I go to the store without a menu, I spend about $30 more than if I go armed with a list. I say, give it a try and see if you save money too!

Blessings,

Lisa