Friday, September 29, 2006

Today was a great day! I woke up feeling pretty good and decided that it was a good "park day." So off we went! We were able to get up and going before 9:30 and the park was so nice. Another cool front came through last night and the temps were perfect for being at the park. The little ones were so happy that we ended up staying until 11:00! I got tired then and decided it was lunch time so the older kids and I discussed the options and decided to go to Larry's Giant Subs. I've never been there but the kids go there on the weekends with their grandparents sometimes and they love it. Well, now I love it too!lol It was a tad expensive for lunch but the food was much better than most places we've gone to lately. Isaac and Genevieve shared a turkey sub and they ate the whole thing.lol I had the Philly Cheese Steak and it was very good. O.k., I had the steak part, no onions, with lettuce and mustard and a pickle on the side. lol This is the first time that we didn't have any leftovers. Everyone ate everything.lol I think that on payday weeks we'll splurge on this.

Now the kids are working on finishing up their school work for the week. They actually finished most subjects yesterday, so they don't have too much to do. I'm so thankful that the kids are really taking their work seriously and working so hard. They are making a lot of progress this year.

I talked to Eric and he's been working on the requirements for the Bright Futures Scholarship. He's found that the state has pretty simple rules for homeschoolers and that we'll be able to qualify without too much hoop-jumping. He's really stepping into the guidance counselor role that I asked him to take on if the kids decided to homeschool for highschool. I'm thankful that he's so willing to help me. What a blessing he is!

Well, the little ones are setting up a game and the olders are busy with their work so I must go.lol This schedule is really perfect for us. Everyone is getting what they need each day and I'm not stressed at all. What a blessing.

Lisa

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad to hear how well your new schedule is working. I missed WHAT you are doing - but glad it is working. LOL

The park pictures are great. I especially like the one of Allison with the bubbles.

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks! It's nice to be able to get everything done.

I really like that picture also.

Jodi said...

Sounds like a great park day. I love to see how well your big kids do with your littles. Seems like around here they want to start seperating homeschool activities and park days into age groups. My children like to do things together and I'm hoping to keep it that way!

Lisa in Jax said...

We don't have a park group, so I keep my kids together. We almost joined a group this year but the only group was very structured and I didn't think I wanted that much stress this year. They had mandatory meetings for moms and way too many activities planned when all the kids want is a park group. I am considering starting my own later when it's cooler but maybe next year, once the baby is here.