Tuesday, September 26, 2006



Here's an activity out of The Preschooler's Busy Book that Genevieve and I did today. She was so proud that she found all the matches! We just took index cards and wrote the upper case letter on the left side and the lower case letter to match on the right side and then cut them apart into puzzle pieces. She had a hard time with some of the letter matches and was proud when she got them all done. I am really enjoying this book! It has a lot of great ideas and everything seems to be right on par for her needs. Not too easy and not too hard. The older kids and I will be putting more of these activities together during our free times for Genevieve to do during school times.

Blessings,

Lisa

6 comments:

Jodi said...

This sounds like a fun book. I'm wondering if they have something like it for early elementary. We do quite a few activities in the boys LLATL blue but they are sometimes wanting more,and Tristan could use a lot more review or extras than Colin as he is not quite as ready. I think I'll look up th author and see if any likely matches for older kids come up.

Lisa in Jax said...

Yes, it looks like she has some books for older kids! One called The Arts and Crafts Busy Book and the other is called The Children's Busy Book for 6-10yo's. She's quite creative and her ideas are simple and straight forward. They're the kind of ideas where you go, now why didn't I think of that?LOL

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm STILL waiting for my books from her.....wait the busy book arrived...

Lisa in Jax said...

Yes, I'm waiting for the preschool reading one also. It looks so good and I'm not supposed to get it until the end of Oct! I've been considering just paying for a used one. They are much more expensive but at least we could get started!LOL

Lisa

Jodi said...

Thanks for the titles Lisa, I've added a couple of hers, including the childrens one to my PBS wish list. Not a very long wait from the look of it but if I get antsy these look very reasonably priced through Amazon.

If they are the "why didn't I think of that" type of books that sounds just right for Mommy brain mush days (which happen more often than I like to admit, LOL).

Lisa in Jax said...

Mush is my middle name. Believe me, I needed these books.LOL