Sunday, September 24, 2006

My menu for this week.

Lunch

sandwiches
pizza
hot dogs
fish sticks
salad sandwiches


Dinner

Chili with toppings
Oriental Pepper steak with rice
Nacho dip and chips
BBQ chicken and salad
ham and bean soup and rolls
baked chicken and roasted veggies


I'll be making granola this week to last us for 2 weeks and maybe yogurt near the end of the week. I never made the chocolate chip muffins, so those will be done on Monday but I did get the Blueberry ones done last week. We will also make ice cream sometime this week. I'm hoping to try making Alton Brown's Fudge sauce for the ice cream. I hate the premade stuff and really, Genevieve can't eat it, so this will be a good way for her to have something other than vanilla. I may even decide to make some strawberry sauce, if I have time. Then the kids can have banana splits. Should be a good week! I've even gotten my shopping done already!

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh please post the fudge sauce. We're looking for some chocolate sauce that is FG friendly....maybe this will be....

Lisa in Jax said...

O.k., I wasn't able to get Alton Browns recipe because it's an older show and the food t.v. doesn't have it posted anymore BUT I was able to find someone who says that they improved the recipe so here it is...

Chocolate Syrup

3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
(Bring to gentle boil over med.high heat.)

Wisk in:
3/4 cup dutch cocoa
pinch of salt
1 tbsp honey
Continue to cook allowing the syrup to reduce and thicken, 3-5 minutes.

Add 2 tsp vanilla

Allow to cool and strain.Enjoy!

Now, I also found a recipe from Emeril. I might try that also.

Chocolate Sauce:
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


I think both are FG friendly. Enjoy!

Lisa