Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today is BUSY! The kids got to work first thing this morning and were able to get some work done before we had to do some running. First, my cellphones came in the mail! I set them to charging and was so excited! My mom called at 10:30 asking if we wanted to come to lunch and I said sure! I picked Chick-Fila because they have an indoor playplace for littles and my littles really needed to get out and run off some steam.lol After we ate, we went to Kohl's. Now, I think I've only been there twice but each time I just went in, got what I needed and left quickly.lol This time, it seemed as though everyone needed stuff so I got to see most of the gigantic store.lol We left Allison in the women's section to look for some pants, as some of her pants are showing a lot of wear, dropped Jon off in the boy's section to find some new jeans, since he's grown an inch this past month, and my mom and I worked our way to the maternity section. Boy, was it puny.lol I found a new shirt that was 40% off and that was it. Then we looked at the strategically placed baby clothes right next to the maternity section. We found three really cute outfits for the new baby and some PJ's for Evie and Isaac that were on sale. My mom got each little a new outfit. I went and looked at their toy section and found some cute things for the littles. I found a Littlest Petshop toy that looked like it would be fun for Evie and I also found a lot of trucks and such for Isaac. He loved one so much that I couldn't even wrestle it away to pay for it, the lady had to scan it from his hands.lol Jon came back around that time with 3 pairs of jeans, size 16 with the adjustable waistband. Excellent job, Jon! He wanted to look for Christmas toys for the littles and I said sure, so we left him there and began our journey back to the front of the store to Allison. She didn't find any jeans, she's tall and thin and has a hard time finding a good fit. We did find some jogging suit type of pants with a cute pull over jacket type thing and a few shirts. Everything was deeply discounted and the store was quite busy for the afternoon. We waited for Jon and then paid. They gave me my mom's senior discount and I ended up saving an extra 15%! What a blessing! I didn't even ask them, they just asked if my mom was a senior and applied the discount. Once we got to the car, Evie asked if she could go home with mom and mom said sure, so off they went. Isaac completely forgot about everything we bought by the time we got home and everything got tucked safely in my closet.lol I finished setting up the new phones and the older kids started working on the lapbook. I really think they are both enjoying this project and I think I'll be putting more into their learning for the rest of the year. Now it's clear why the kids enjoy the science so much, it's FUN.lol

Now for the rest of the day...

I have to make cranberry relish and coleslaw for my dh's work tomorrow. They are having a Thanksgiving luncheon. And the kids have a football game tonight at 5pm! Yikes! They are very excited and are hoping to win this one. I'm sure they'll have a great time no matter what.

Blessings,

Lisa

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like a great day. I've still never lived where there is a Kohl's....some day. LOL

Kristine said...

Lisa, I love Kohl's! It's definitely my favorite place to shop (I hate shopping), and they just opened up a brand-spanking new one close by. Sounds like your shopping was great, if only they would have had a larger maternity section.

Lisa in Jax said...

I not a shopper but getting those things so discounted was really nice. Especially since most of it was needs, not wants.lol

Emily said...

We just got a Kohl's last year. My sister has had one in her town forever and LOVES it. I still have not made it to ours yet!

Jodi said...

Adjustable waist boys pants..now that sounds like a good thing! Great that you got a discount too!!

Lisa in Jax said...

I love the pants! It means that as long as they are long enough and a little big around, they'll last for quite a while.lol