Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving in review...lol

Everything went well. We started the day by cleaning up and making sure the house was presentable. Eric went to get my brother, who spent the day with us. Then, I had the over-anxious kids get all the Christmas stuff from the garage. It was pretty funny, they were so excited that it was hard for all of them to keep focus. I don't know why but Isaac just wasn't himself yesterday. He spent the WHOLE day in my bed resting. You could just tell the little guy wasn't feeling very good.

It took the kids hours to finish the tree. It looks very nice and I'll upload some pictures next.

While the kids were working, I started the bread and made another batch of cookies. Really, everything went together without a hitch. After the kids had finished the tree, I set them to work on the Gingerbread Choo-Choo. They finished that right before Grandma and my sil and bil got here. When everyone got here, we set up the extra tables and chairs and ate. I was starving! Next time, I'll set the time for earlier in the day. I was thinking the extra time would be helpful on the cleaning front but really we just sat around waiting for 5pm.lol Everything turned out terrific and it was wonderful to spend the time with family. My sil is also expecting a new baby in May and we sat around discussing baby things. Luckily, neither of us want the same names.lol The guys did the dishes for us and that was so nice! I don't think I could've done one more thing once dinner was over. I ate so much that I had nightmares all night last night.lol Never again will I eat that much at one time.lolol Everyone stuck around until around 8pm just talking or playing or in Grandma's case, sleeping.lol All in all, a very good Thanksgiving.

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Seeing your pics make me realize that I'm looking forward to putting up our tree this weekend!

Lisa in Jax said...

My little ones think of it as a gift that keeps on giving all season long.lol They've already redecorated it 2-3 times already today. I guess I could post daily pictures of it since it'll never look the same from one day to the next.lolol

Jodi said...

Sounds like a really nice day. Your tree looks beautiful!

Lisa in Jax said...

It was! If you like the tree today, just wait until tomorrow.lolol