Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yesterday was good too! I've been trying extremely hard to eat only baby approved food the past week and it's really made a difference in Sophia's demeanor.

We had some extra time yesterday and decided to jump right into the MUS program. I watched Allison's preAlgebra video first with her and then helped her get started with the practice. She REALLY liked the program and couldn't believe how easy the work was with the manipulatives. She ended up getting a 100% on the page and decided to go for honors credit. She worked on the honors problems for the rest of her time and was able to finish half of them before it was dinner time. I'm really impressed! This is my "I'm not good at math" kid, so if she's happy we're all happy.lol

I then started Jon on his Algebra video but the littles became a distraction so left him to watch on his own. He had some trouble with the problem work because he wasn't carefully reading and writing down the problems. Also, the first lesson didn't show how to use the blocks and so I'm guessing it was review of preAlgebra and since I haven't gotten that far, I couldn't help him. It was a little frustrating but I think I'll just work on this today and see if I can be more prepared for Monday.

Even Evie got in on the new math day! She is very smart and I'm wondering if I got the correct program for her. I went with the primer since I haven't really worked with her yet but she whipped right through many pages without any problems and didn't want to quit well past quitting time.lol I'm seeing that she has been way under challenged around here and I'm going to need to work with her more, you know, in my "spare time."lolol


Today the kids will be skating and Eric and I will be running some errands. We are supposed to make a banner for Allison's confirmation day and will need felt and other things. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to a craft right now. I kind of wish he'd have given us a little warning so that I could have worked on this before the baby arrived but I'll do my best. So we'll go to JoAnn's fabrics and since we'll be close, to Babies R Us.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Glad to see you've found something that will work. I always love the excitement of getting a new curriculum until I have to figure out how to use it (LOL).

Lisa in Jax said...

This has been pretty easy to figure out. Now I've had curriculums in the past that gave me headaches though...lol