Sunday, April 29, 2007

Menu

My Menu for this week came from TamInAz's blog over on Xanga. She has some great menu's and I'm tired this week.LOL

Breakfast

Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Blueberry Pancakes and sausage
Smoothie and Granola Bars
Eggs and Bacon
Granola, yogurt, and fruit
Bacon-Hash roll-ups

Lunch

Roastbeef Sandwiches
Fish Sticks, tater tots
Sandwich Loaf (recipe follows)
Grilled Veggie wraps
Tuna or chicken salad

Dinner

Roast Chicken, potatoes, salad
Hamburgers, mac and cheese, beans, salad
Swedish Meatballs, noodles, carrots
Beef tenderloin, spring veggies, rolls
California Porkchops, rice
Chicken Soup, french bread
Baked Ziti, garlic bread, salad


This weekend has gone by quickly. The older kids went skating yesterday and Eric took the littles to a church fair. They all had a really good time. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder carrying the giant baby around and decided to stay home and rest. I'm actually glad that I stayed home. The forest fires in Georgia are sooo bad that the smoke is filtering throughout the whole house. I thought I was catching a horrible cold last night so I stayed home from church only to realize it was the smoke playing with my allergies. I missed all the fun!lol Oh, well, Sophia and I are getting a lot of time to get to know each other. I can't say it's helping me to understand her any better but at least I get all the baby snuggles.lol

I'm looking for some computer games for Evie. She's just about worn out all the ones she has. We haven't bought any new ones for her ever.lol She's just been playing the ones that lasted from Allison and Jon. If you all know of any good ones, I'd love to hear of them.

I finally found a history curriculum that like.lol Well, that the kids like. www.dianawaring.com It's got a little of something for all learning styles. We are going to start with Ancient Civ. I like that it has hands-on, auditory, visual, everything! Now we have all the main subjects for the year. Finally.lol

I'm also trying a new schedule from Large Family Logistics. I need to figure out how to get everything done in a week's time. I really hope this helps.

I guess that's it!

Here's the recipe for the sandwich loaf, this is from Tam's web-site...

Sandwich Loaf

It is made by using a favorite bread dough recipe. It's great with either white or wheat. You use about 1/2-loaf worth of dough, and spread it out to measure about 16" X 10" on a floured surface.

Melt 1/2 stick butter and mix with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Spread this mixture over the bread dough.

Down the center third "longways", layer desired lunch meats (i.e. ham or beef or turkey).

Over the lunch meat, sprinkle about 1 cup of grated cheese or lay slices of cheese.

From there, you can roll up the dough over the meat/cheese layers or cut the sides (outer 2/3s of the dough) and braid them over the meat and cheese.

Transfer the roll to a pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until golden brown.

Brush with butter.

Slice and serve warm.

Enjoy!

Lisa

2 comments:

Romany said...

It's great to have a plan!

But do remember, Lisa, that TamInAz has lots of grown up helpers around! {g} (I know her from the SL forums.)

Dorothy

Kathy in WA said...

Yum! I've never heard of a sandwich recipe like that. I definitely want to try that one. I use canned biscuits and put meat and cheese inside and fold over like a mini stromboli. I love the idea of making big ones for lunch using regular bread dough. Thanks!