Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I know I haven't written for a couple of days. Let's just say I'm tired.lol Sophia is being a baby. Isaac is using markers on any surface closest to wherever he finds a marker. Genevieve has been needing a little extra mommy time lately and so I've been working on Sing, Spell, Read and Write with her. I've been working on what the older kids will be studying starting next week and trying to keep the house in order. Oh, yeah, and I've been trying to get some sleep each day.lol I've also been trying to declutter each room so that when the kids start school next week I'll be able to easily keep the house together. Ok., maybe not easily but at least to a point where I won't be embarrassed if someone comes over.lol I also gave Isaac a buzz cut for the summer.

Here's my boy with his new do.
Here's my two critters hamming it up for the camera.
Here's Genevieve being serious.

So far the older kids will be using most of the same books as before our break. I've decided to add in a few new things though. Here's their schedule..
These are the subjects we hope to finish within the next few months...
Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1
SL 5 (for Jon)
SL 200 (for Allison)
Apologia Biology
New subjects...
Movies as Literature
Life Prep for Homeschooled Teens
Electives...
Ballroom dancing (Allison)
Guitar (Allison)
Home Economics (Allison)
Culinary Arts (Jon)
Computer programming/gaming (Jon)
Confirmation classes (Jon and Allison)
Jon's birthday is next Tuesday and he'll be 13! I can't believe how old my kids are.lol I know we are all looking forward to beginning school again and getting back to some kind of schedule. It's been a little crazy with everyone just doing whatever for the past few weeks. It seems that more messes get made when we aren't busy. I just hope that I can keep up with everyone. lol
Blessings,
Lisa

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Looks like fun classes for school.

Lisa in Jax said...

I think that they will be more geared towards my kids learning styles. IF we can ever get around to working on them.lol

Cynthia said...

That's quite a schedule! Looks like FUN!