Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Muffins

3 cups flour
2 cups oats
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder

mix.

2 cups milk
1 cup oil
3 eggs

Blend in blender.

Add wet to dry and mix until just combined. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

We had these this morning and they were really good! For once, everyone liked them, although Allison said that they would be better with chocolate chips.lol (really, isn't everything?)


The baby's being a real doll today and I've been able to get a lot of stuff done. I went ahead and gated off most of the house today and thoroughly cleaned it.

The neighbors next door are getting their house painted today and it's just about killing me! I have asthma and the odor from the paint is somehow getting into the house and it's pretty stinky. We are also getting all the smoke from a forest fire in Georgia and so we've been stuck in the house. Smoke outside and paint fumes inside. Yuck!

I called my pastor's office yesterday to put in an ad for a Mother's helper. I'm hoping that if I'm supposed to have help that just the right person answers the ad. In the meantime, I'm trying to minimize the mess making abilities of my little ones by the liberal use of gates and by tying their closets shut.lolol Eric is buying locks for the closets this weekend but until then, I'm hoping my improvisation will work.lol

I ordered and received Math U See in the mail today. I was not going to buy another math curriculum but I heard a lot of good reviews about it, ordered the sample DVD and was very impressed! Last week, I tested both kids and found holes in their understanding of advanced math so I ordered PreAlgebra for Allison and Algebra 1 for Jon. I also decided to buy the Primer for Evie because for once I'd like to stick with ONE curricula from beginning to end.lolol I have three more kids to use this with so I figured the cost was worth it. Allison just needs to review some of PreAlgebra before moving to Algebra and Jon will probably only need the second half of the book but I'll have him review the first half since it's so visual and hands-on. I love the concrete way Mr.Demme explains Algebra. I am hoping that we will all come away with real understanding of this subject as opposed to rote memorization.

Blessings,

Lisa

8 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Lisa - that sounds like a great recipe! How many does it make? I'm very into muffins these days. They are such a great snack (or addition to a meal). Do you freeze some? So curious. :)

Lisa in Jax said...

Kathy,

It makes 24 muffins. I usually freeze half for later and then the kids eat the other half.LOL I adapted this recipe from the master muffin mix that Judy in TX posted a year ago. I've been making all kinds of combos with good success. I think I posted a carrot cake muffin a while back. These were by far the best!

Blessings,

Lisa

Kathy in WA said...

Lisa! I was just thinking about that master mix. I almost mentioned it in my last comment. Thanks for reminding me of who passed it along. I know I kept it. I'll be hunting that up this evening. :)

Thanks for sharing a tasty recipe!

Emily said...

Yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa in Jax said...

Kathy,

I put the recipe on my blog if you can't find it.

Thanks Emily!

Cynthia said...

Lisa,
Hopefully you can find a mother's helper. That would be awesome. I think I could use one of those myself this summer!

Kristine said...

I couldn't do the MUS videos with the lower levels (man, I hate having to watch anything like that), but I am seeing MUS as more of a possibility in my future . . . I'm looking forward to hearing what you think down the road!

Lisa, I'm sorry that you're not feeling like everything's connecting the way you want. I am praying for the little wook--I mean, baby, and for you.

Lisa in Jax said...

Cynthia,

I'm really hoping for some help. I'm praying but you know that God doesn't always answer the way you want. I'm trying to prepare myself for the old do it yourself.lol

Kristine,

I'm not sure I'm going to spend the time watching the videos for Primer. The curriculum looks pretty straight forward and Evie's trucking along a quite the clip. I just can't imagine stopping her so that I can go watch the video.lol

Thank you for the prayers for my wookie.lolol She's definitely a handful. I guess that means she fits right in.lolol