Sunday, December 03, 2006

Let's see. Saturday was a pretty good day, just busier than I usually like. The kids had a football game at 11 and Eric took them while I stayed home with Isaac. It was a pretty nasty day weather-wise and we decided not to let the littlest one out in the weather. The kids team lost and Allison hurt her knee but they both had fun anyway.

I went to my mom's house to watch my dad put up the Christmas lights. He didn't really get very far.LOL He kept needing to go to Walmart, so mom and I decided to go to lunch. While there, Eric called me wondering where in the world I was.lol I invited him and everyone else to join us and boy was that a mistake!lol This poor Hardee's has never seen so many people in one day before. Isaac and Genevieve went nuts. Isaac spilled two drinks, dropped lots of paper straw bits, broke the little triangle number that they gave us for our order, threw a ball under the counter and proceeded to dive under said counter to get it and Genevieve had been given by her father a Mountain Dew and couldn't sit still, was singing at the top of her lungs and running around and around the whole restaurant saying, "Isaac! Isaac! You can't catch me!!!!" She never did eat a thing and I left before the employee's could kick me out.lolol This is why I always order take out!!! Mom, my brother, me, Isaac, and Genevieve left for my mom's home but we got way-laid at Walmart. I was able to get a few things on my Christmas list and then received a call from Eric yet again trying to figure out where in the world I went.LOL I told him to go home and that I'd be there shortly. After Wally-world, I took Mom and my brother home and left Genevieve there for the day. I took poor Isaac home who was looking exhausted from his outing.lol Isaac actually asked for mommy's bed and pillows when we got home. We all got in and snuggled for a good hour and then he was ready to play again.

While we were at home, the older kids were roller skating with Grandpa. They had a great time and got home around 5pm. That's when I found out about Allison's knee. I was a little upset that she had gone skating on it knowing that it hurt but what was done, was done. We are going to get it looked at sometime this week.

For dinner, I really wanted the Broccoli-Cheese soup from Panera Bread company but really didn't want to drive that far, so I looked up the recipe on the internet and found a knock-off. Eric so graciously offered to go to the store for the ingredients and I worked on the first part of the soup. It was REALLY good and tasted exactly like what I remembered it to taste like.lol Here's the recipe...


Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe #150384
Very good soup...serve with crusty bread
by chefnini
4 servings
1¼ hours 30 min prep

1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 medium chopped onion
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb fresh broccoli
1 cup carrots, julienned
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper


Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half. Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.Add salt and pepper. Can be pureed in blender but I don't. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.


Today has been good too. We all went to church this morning but I ended up in the nursery with both littles. I hate nurseries.lol We thoroughly washed both kids upon returning home and hopefully won't end up with some horrible illness that will last until Christmas.lol After church, we ate Taco Bell while the 3 older kids went out to eat with Grandma Glasnapp. I just couldn't bring myself to repeat yesterday.lol After lunch, I made the grocery list and filled out all my Christmas cards. I'm still trying to decide if I want to include a letter, I'm thinking maybe next year but I still have time to decide.lol

We decided to check on the kids at football practice and then went to Grandma's house to hang out and see all the remodeling that she's gotten done on her home. It looks really nice and she was busy decorating for Christmas with Genevieve. You could tell Genevieve was having a good time. She loves to help and is quite exuberant about it.lol Eric got the kids from practice and we brought Allison and Isaac home. Allison was forbidden to run or use her knee during practice and had to wear her brace but she was still quite sore by the time we got home. I'm thinking she may have played her last game on Saturday. We'll see this week though.

I made fried chicken, rice, and salad for dinner tonight and only three of us ate. Allison fell asleep on the couch and the other kids are still at Grandma's. It's odd making such a small amount of food.lol

Well, that's our weekend. I'll post the menu next since this is long.lol

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Argh, sorry to hear about Alison's injury also sorry to hear about the Mountain Dew Madness! That happens to Colin here and Mountain Dew is a soda that DH likes so Colin sometimes gets it. It's not a good combination, LOL.

Sounds like a nice weekend.

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks, Jodi. Allison has something called "floating kneecaps" and we were warned that they could cause her pain during sports. Usually she just needs to wear a supportive brace but we want to make sure that she didn't actually damage her knee on Saturday so we'll get her checked out just in case. Evie's already doing better today although I'm not sure the Advent Calendar was a good idea.lol She's driving me crazy!!! Over all, it was a good weekend and I wish it had been a couple days longer.lol

Cynthia said...

OUCH. I didn't even know she was playing football.

Your soup recipe sounds YUMMY! Can't wait to try it.

Lisa in Jax said...

The soup is awsome! I get this occasionally from the restaurant but making it was much more fun.lol I do wish I knew how to make their bread though...

Yes, Allison has been playing for two seasons now. So has Jon. I know that she loves it but I guessing this will be her last season because of injuries.