I'm answering Jen's tag since it looked like fun...lol
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both.lol O.k. If I had to pick one, it'd be hot chocolate but I do like them both. I like it best made with milk, not water and copious amounts of whipped cream on top.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? We don't do Santa. We did him with the older kids but decided against him for the youngers.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree. White on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put them up on Thanksgiving day or the day after. That's as long as I can get the kids to wait.lol The littles have thoroughly destroyed the tree after all this time and I'm thinking we may need to change this tradition.lol
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love turkey mixed with sweet potato casserole. Although we don't have turkey for Christmas. We have turkey for Thanksgiving, standing rib roast for Christmas, and Ham for Easter.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. The year my sister and I waiting until we thought everyone was asleep, snuck out of our room and was met in the hallway by my grandpa who scared the living day-lights out of us.lolol We told him that we were just thirsty and he threw an afgan over our heads and led us to the kitchen and then back to our rooms. We never tried that again.lol
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Probably from school.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Usually we open one small fun gift per child. My parents always made us open pjs and I hated that.lolol
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Well, usually we have a lot of ornaments, garland, and candy canes on the tree. When we have littles, we use only plastic or unbreakable ornaments on the bottom and well this year the tree is just about naked on the bottom after almost a month of being up and all the candy canes had to be put on the top of the tree so really the poor thing is looking pretty bad right now.lol
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOL Never had it. I think I like the idea of it but really have never had to deal with it so would probably not like it.lol
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. We had a rink down in Miami that we used to go to. It's fun!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A pair of roller skates for outside. I loved those things and I wish they made them now a days for my kids. You remember them, right? They were red, white, and blue and FAST!!! I felt like I could take on a car going on the highway with those beauties.lol
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I love being able to just spend time with the kids. No focusing on school work, just baking and making things, and giving things to others.
5. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? FUDGE!!!! I need two pans before Christmas is over. I think I'll probably gain 3000 pounds but it's worth every, melt in your mouth, morsel.lol
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I've never been too good at traditions, seems like every time we move we need to make new ones. I always make sure that we make cookies for Eric to take to work. Baking, making some things, looking at Christmas lights, those are the things we're doing this year, that we've done in years past. Down in Miami, we always made sure to go to the "Christmas house" every week until Jan.1st, we participated in our churches live nativity each year, went to Christmas Eve service decked out in our best clothing, and gave presents to the neighborhood kids. Boy, I miss Miami.
17. What tops your tree? A star. We've had this star for so long that I think the older kids would mutiny if we replaced it.lol
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. Especially if I know that we aren't going to be paying for that gift for the next year on credit card.lol
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love my Mariah Carey cd called Merry Christmas. She has a wonderful voice and my favorite song on the cd is O Holy Night.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I love them but they don't like me.lol I just can't seem to eat a candy cane without getting indigestion.lol
Well, that's it! I enjoyed answering all the questions and if you read this and have a blog, then you are tagged.LOL