Tuesday, March 06, 2007


What a contented little lady! Sophia is soooo sweet.

This week is going by pretty fast. I guess when you are constantly doing something you don't have time to be bored.lol Yesterday I got my new washer and I've been trying it out. I definitely like how much it holds and it really cleans things well. I'm not sure that it's saving me any time though. I didn't get it until almost 2pm and I was able to do 4 loads yesterday. Normally what I did would have been 5-6 loads and the dryer would have had a hard time drying the loads but yesterday the dryer was able to dry each load in one dry time. I am definitely saving on electricity since the washer really gets the clothes wrung out. Anyway, I think I'll save the official review for next week when I've used the washer a couple more times.

Starting tomorrow, we're going to be pretty busy. Allison loves the dance classes so much that she's asked to stay for the next class after hers. She'll be there for 2 hours from now on. This Friday is confirmation class and it starts at 6pm and doesn't end until 11pm. Allison has been working on her final term paper that's due then. Each of the confirmands got a commandment that they had to explain in their paper and they will read these papers in front of the church sometime in the next 2 months. Afterwards they will be tested and then confirmed on May 20th.

Saturday is skating for the big kids and play day for the littles with my parents. Afterwards we'll be lucky to get Allison fed before she needs to be at the Jam session at the church. I just wish I could find more for Jon to do. He'll be at the confirmation class but has no interest in dance or music. Too bad the church isn't offering a ballistics course.lol

Sunday will be our first day at church with EVERYONE.lol We'll see how that goes. I am sooo glad to have a pastor who loves the challenge of talking over the little ones. Eric said that there were quite a few babies in the service last week so Sophia should fit right in.lol What a blessing this whole church is! I'm hoping to get more involved now that Sophia's here.

Monday is my dr's appt and we also have appts for Sophia and Isaac. Isaac will be having his next surgery on the 20th so we have to have a well child check up before then. I sure wish these surgeries would work faster. It seems like such a long road ahead of us.

Allison's birthday is on the 24th! I can't believe that she's going to be 15!!! I have no idea what we're going to do. Jon's birthday is April 10th and that's just around the corner also. He'll be the big 13! I'll have TWO young adults in the house. What a scary/amazing time.

Well, that's it. I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting busier. I'm still going to take it easy but just getting out occasionally would be nice.lol

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

Diann said...

Having teenagers in the house is certainly "interesting". It provides a whole new dynamic to family life that can be quite fun at times, even though it can be terribly hectic. Having my oldest dd driving has helped out the "hectic" factor quite a bit, though. It's a whole new adventure, I like to say...sometimes wonderful, sometimes terrible, but an adventure, none the less.

Diann

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

She's gorgeous.

Jodi said...

What a cutie! It sounds like you're doing GREAT! Yes I imagine the time is passing so fast because you don't have time to think about the time. LOL

Good luck with your first whole family outing to church!

Lisa in Jax said...

Diann,

I can't wait until Allison is old enough to drive. I'm sure that it will be a big help since she is the busiest one of us all. I'm sure it'll be hard to let go but as she gets older I'm seeing her as the future adult she's turning into.

De'Etta,

THANK YOU!!lol She's a sweetheart and even though she's keeping me up all night I'm still enjoying her.lol

Jodi,

Thanks! Yes, we're doing great. I can't believe how fast time is flying. Sophia will be 2 weeks old on Monday! I'm hoping that she'll sleep through her first church outing. We have plenty to keep us busy during the service already.lol