Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Pioneer Woman, I am not.

I saw on her blog yesterday, cute little Halloween cake balls and I thought to myself, I can do that! So today we collected the supplies from our local Wally-world. Well, we TRIED to, that is. They didn't have lollipop sticks, so I decided to use plastic forks instead. I mean, that'd be scary right? Then, I finally found the melting chips, but they were over $3.00 a bag! I was just about to give it all up, but saw the almond bark in white and chocolate flavor and figured it was just about the same, so I picked that up instead. Of course they didn't have black icing. Well, I just picked up some gel food coloring. This is what we came up with...

Scary? Well, kind of...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Here's the kids working on their masterpieces...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids had a good time making these and I bet they'll taste good. Next time, I'll follow directions.LOL

Blessings,


4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

They were a huge hit with the trick or treaters! They must have tasted good.lol

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

They look yummy to me.....You've been busy. It's been fun to catch up.

Cynthia said...

That looks like it was a FUN project.

Laura said...

Oh, I saw these on PW. Were they as yummy as they look?