Friday, January 11, 2008

What in the world have I been doing?

LOL. I know I haven't been writing much lately. I, at least, have been taking pictures.LOL

Super Isaac...
Photobucket


Well, I've been shopping alot. Isaac's third birthday is on the 15th and I've been busy running around getting gifts for him. Sophia's birthday is the very next month and I've been looking for things for her also. One thing I've resolved to do this year, is NOT wait until the very last minute to get things for holidays, birthdays, and such. I've always been one to run out and buy something on the way to the party and that just doesn't cut it with 5 kids any longer.LOL So I started shopping the day after Christmas. I thought I was done but then Target decided to have a 75% off sale and it just so happened to be things that Isaac actually asked for. Then I saw at the same sale some cute things for Sophia and well, 75% off is hard to resist. I mean, it's not like they are hurting for toys or anything.LOL I may even save some of this for next Christmas. It's not like they will go bad.LOL

I've also been working on the older kids next semester courses. They finish this semester on February 29th and I need to have books ordered, classes selected, and schedules made before then. We've been bouncing different ideas around for next year's courses and that makes this semester's courses important. I think I've found a good Chemistry course. The kids did not like Apologia Biology and I just can't force them to do two more years of it. It's called Friendly Chemistry!

http://friendlychemistry.com/introduction.htm

It looks hands on and rigorous for both kids. I'm still working it out, but this may be the program we're looking for.

I've also been out shopping for the bathroom, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I sure hope I find it before the end of the month.LOL

Isaac had another laser surgery on Wednesday. He is AMAZING!!! I don't think I'd be able to handle all these surgeries, but he just takes it in stride. He is such a great little guy. He went 20 hours without food and never asked for any. Truly amazing. God is so good to give us this little boy!

Oh, I bought the Financial Freedom dvd's from Vision Forum during their sale. I'm hoping that it will help us find ways to save money and stick to a budget. I'm trying to make a do-able budget for this year. I've been working on our grocery bill, since that's where most money disappears, but it's hard work.lol I'm finding that everything takes time or money and I'm not sure which I have more of.LOL

I've also been spending more time with the kids. The littles have been so riled up since Christmas that it takes a lot of time to get them settled by bedtime each day. LOTS of outside play, park time, and inside stuff but it's been fun.

Oh, here's a cute saying from Evie... she likes "Farmer Jon" on her spaghetti.LOL Instead of Parmesian.lolol This has started the older kids into making a music video on a song where the singer says, "It's too late to apologize. It's too late." The kids have been singing, It's too late for Parmesian. It's too late." All. Day. Long.LOL It's pretty funny though.

Well, now I'm rambling.lol


blessings,

4 comments:

berrypatch said...

My youngest son's birthday is the 15th as well! :-) He is turning four. I have NOTHING for him & will be doing my shopping tomorrow! LOL

Kristine said...

Farmer Jon cheese. LOL

We ended up saving a thing or two from Christmas that we'll stick in a little gift bag for Valentine's Day.

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! Lisa, that's usually ME! I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. Although, I did have to buy all the party supplies yesterday.LOL

Kristine,

We're still singing about it.LOL

Cynthia said...

I'll be anxious to see how you like Friendly Chemistry. our co-op will be deciding if we're going to move on to Chemistry or Advanced Biology next year and none of us are sure we want to do Apologia Chemistry if we decide on Chemistry.

And... feast or famine with both time and $$.... If I have plenty of time to do something I don't have the $$ to do it and if I have extra $$ then I don't have any time (LOL).