Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today has been one of those days.lol I spent all night last night trying to decide if my contractions were strong enough to wake the dh but they never really became regular or horribly strong, just strong enough to make it impossible to sleep.lol I think I broke the record for "times that someone gets up to pee in a single night" and am awaiting my trophy to come in the mail. I'm sure the trophy will be worth the sleepless night.lol After I finally fell asleep, Isaac woke up and was ready for the day. UGH! I was so tired and sore that I didn't think I was going to survive.lol Shortly after, Evie joined us and I was definitely sure that I wasn't going to survive. Finally, after 3 hours I sent the littles to Allison and told them to wake her up. They promptly left my room and did everything BUT wake Allison and I fell asleep 3 seconds after they left my room. NOT my best moment.lol Allison woke an hour later realizing that she slept in and that she could hear littles. She knew that I never let them sleep in on a weekday and that realization got her quickly to her feet.lol The littles had destroyed the house like a hurricane and a train wreck all at once.lol Allison is going to make a great mom someday. She got those littles under control, fed, and into play clothes while I slept. Now the only way that this particular day could get any worse would be for someone to drop by unexpectedly. Yes, folks, while I was sleeping and the house was destroyed, my mil decided to stop by. When I woke up, there she was, on the couch. Oh well, I guess you need to get caught at your worst every once in a while just to prove that you're not perfect. I'm completely horrified, but I guess I'll survive.lolol

So far, I've gotten the house back under control and the older kids are working on their school work. At least I can salvage the rest of the day.lol I do feel better after my nap of 3 hours and really, I don't think that I could have done anything differently.

The rest of the day will be a baking day. I made some dinner rolls on Tuesday and they are all gone, so now I'll work on some different kinds of breads. The kids really want a cinnamon-raisin bread and I'll make a couple of regular sandwich loaves also. The littles will have a blast and if the olders get their work done, they'll get to help also. I guess that's it. I stumbled, picked myself up, dusted myself off, and am ready to try again.lolol

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Totally normal for one in her third tri-mester. I'm sure you're not the only woman ever to fall asleep after a sleepless night....now the mil dropping over I've not experienced mainly because mine lives thousands of miles away.....

I have that blinkie for you....I can't paste it here...and I can't find your email address....if I can load it to my blog I will and you can right click and grab it...or I'll grab your email address the next time I see a post somewhere.

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks De'Etta,

I really needed to hear that today. I also got the blinkie from you! Took me some time to figure it out.LOL Thanks!