Monday, January 01, 2007

Last night went as planned. We played the new Monopoly game until just before midnight and then we all threw in the towel with the agreement that Jon won. I guess that means the game is fun and can be played again sometime.lol

Today did not go as planned. I woke up this morning sick and miserable and I'm not the only one. Unfortunately, four of us have caught the latest illness. I spent most of the day in bed, sleeping, as did Allison. I even missed the relatives! Oh well, I really needed the rest.

I know that our diet hasn't been that great the last couple of weeks due to running around, so I'll work on that starting tomorrow. My plans were to do the shopping today but I'll just run out tomorrow morning and hope that it doesn't take up too much of the school day. We are beginning school again tomorrow and I'm hopeful that the kids will work very hard to earn their incentives. I haven't had this big of an incentive for them since they were very young and I bribed them to memorize their tables.LOL They were VERY motivated back then. With only 7.5 weeks left of this pregnancy I would be soooo very grateful if they can get this done without me needing to spend all my time reminding, begging, pleading, and such instead of helping, grading, and record-keeping.

I still haven't bought much for the new baby and really, put most of that off until after Christmas and now I'm feeling the pinch. I could very easily end up not able to get this done. This baby still needs clothes, receiving blankets, burp cloths, diapers, a swing, I need a new bre*st pump and Maya Wrap, ugh! The list just keeps going.lol I guess I'd just feel better knowing that I had this all done and could just use this time to get the house all ready. I did have Eric put the new bassinet and carseat together while he's been off and they look so nice. My bedroom is slowly turning into a nursery.LOL Of course, Isaac still sleeps with us most nights and I'm wondering how that's going to work once the new one is here. We've tried to transition him into his room but with illness after illness we just end up together in the end.lol I'm just thankful that he's a heavy sleeper and usually sleeps better with noise.lol I guess we'll be testing that theory soon enough.

I am once again, so thankful that my home is neat and clean. I will be able to focus on getting better and just doing what needs to be done for the next couple of days while I try to get better. It is such a blessing.

I'll post some goals for the week (I'm just not ready for long term goals yet.lol) and my menu tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll all feel better and I'll be able to get all the shopping done in the morning. If not, then I'll just get enough to last until we're feeling better.

Blessings,

Lisa

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh, Lisa, we had that bed transition too. I think it took 9 years. Of course, I may have just stopped counting.
:)