Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Decorating Through the Year 2008

Photobucket


I know I've been a bit behind posting photos of my newest decoration area, so here it is...

The Kitchen in all it's, uh, glory...

Notice the amazing amount of clutter...
Photobucket

Even the Fridge is affected...
Photobucket

My favorite feature, the baby poop colored wall...
Photobucket


I know. What am I thinking picking this room during the shortest month of the year?!lol Oh, well. I need a challenge and this fits the bill. I've already begun by decluttering and cleaning the laundry room and cleaning off the top of the fridge. My dear, dear hubby bought me the paint for the walls this past weekend while he was there to buy the wood for the new sandbox, so here's the cost write-up...

Paint- $27.98
3 pack roller covers- $6.47
Trim Edger- $2.78

*Total= $37.23

Remember my goal is $30-40 for each room, so I'm just under budget.

*One thing about this total, these items will last me through several rooms, so I think that it should be divided between the rooms they get used in.LOL I don't plan on buying anything else for this room though, so I'll just count it here.

Now for the yucky part.lol I'm going to go through each cabinet and clean out things that haven't moved since we moved here. I'm also going to rearrange those things that I keep to make the kitchen work better. I have A LOT of appliances that I just don't have a place for and my pantry is awful. Notice I didn't take photos of those...lol Please remember that I'm not perfect! My pantry is a mess, my floors are dirty, and my fridge needs major washing out.LOL I'm willing to admit it.lol

Blessings,

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, Lisa, that is quite a project.

I need to post photos of my first area. I keep forgetting. My aspirations are much, much smaller, but at least I think I can manage them.

You go!

Lisa in Jax said...

I know Debbie. I know.lol I still don't know what I'm thinking but I've dug into it so I guess we'll see what gets done by the end of the month.lol

I can't wait to see your photos!

Emily said...

You are doing such a great job! I just can't motivate myself to get started . ..:-)

Linda said...

Isn't it amazing how the clutter just takes over before you can blink?! Ugh!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

My kitchen is scheduled for a deep cleaning either this month or next.....I gave myself a month for each of the rooms left....but painting is impressive.

Kristine said...

Baby poop colored walls DO have advantages . . .

I'm thinking, what are YOU thinking deciding this *halfway through* the shortest month, lol.

The kitchen is HARD for me. I can't get rid of enough stuff so that I actually have room . . .

Looking forward to see how it turns out!

Gilda said...

You are such an inspiration. I wanted to join this blog challenge but knew I would not have the time until spring. I can't wait to see your finished product. I am looking forward to when I can unofficially join in.

Lisa in Jax said...

Well, I'm making progress and if I don't finish before the end of the month, then I'll just keep going.lol The hardest part will be the painting just because the ceiling is so tall and I'm afraid of heights.lol We don't even have a ladder that tall but I think my parents might.lol

Kristine,

LOL...You're killing me! I know that I wasn't thinking clearly, we'll just blame it on the lack of sleep.

Gilda,

You're never too late to join! Whenever you want, just jump in and decorate something.LOL

Donna said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm still working on my kitchen--week 6 now. Can you say pokey? I think I can finish it by the end of this month!

Can't wait to see what you do in your kitchen.

Lisa in Jax said...

Keep up the good work Donna!

Cynthia said...

So...what color are you painting your kitchen?