Friday, February 22, 2008

A day in town...

We've had a busy week! I'm thankful that we got everything done and that I was able to get everyone where they belonged.lol

Wednesday is Jon's engineering class and it's a fun drive. The classes are held in Historic Orange Park. Most of the homes are over 100 years old. This building used to be where I bought my reeds for my clarinet while I was in middle school. Now it's a fancy knick-knack shop.lol
Photobucket

Here is where Jon has his lessons. It's an old home turned into a Homeschool store.
Photobucket


He had another great class!

Later in the day, Evie has gymnastics. She has really found something that she loves! Her coach is wonderful with her and I have a feeling we're going to be doing this for a while.lol

The kids also played outside.
Photobucket
It was a beautiful day and I'm glad that they took advantage of it because Thursday was yucky.lol

Thursday, we went on a field trip to the skating rink.lol My mom went with me to help wrangle the littles and we had a great time. No photos since I was lucky to remember all the skates and all the kids.lol I skated and Allison was shocked that I was good. She forgot that I lived at the same rink she does when I was her age.lol I ended up in the middle of the rink teaching the young homeschoolers how to skate for an hour and had a good time.lol I had a few parents too. I was happy to help and it was fun being on skates again. Maybe when the littles are older, I'll get to go more often.

When we got home, I made my grocery list and took off for the stores. I did really good at Walgreens and so-so at Publix. I only spent 2.36 at Walgreens and bought 6 bars of Irish Spring soap, a Softsoap Bodywash, a bottle of Garnier Frutis shampoo, a Speedstick 24/7 and two toys. I'll also get over 12.50 in rebates back. Not too shabby.lol At Publix, I spent $171.00. Yuck.lol I'm trying to keep my bill below $200 each week. I'll be a little over after co-op today but I'll be close and that's good for me.lol

I'm hoping to do something fun with the littles today but it's looking pretty wet this morning. My mom's birthday is tomorrow and Sophia's is Tuesday, so I'll probaby do a little shopping. I already bought all of Sophia's presents and the makings of her birthday cake. I'm trying to stay on top of all the birthdays but it's getting harder with all these little ones! It seems like there is ALWAYS a birthday.lol Advice from those with lots of littles would be appreciated!

Well, that's it for now. It's been a good week and I'm so thankful that we have so much for the kids to do. It's a blessing to see them all grow and find where they belong.


9 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

That is one cool, old building....I love old homes.

Jodi said...

It's so nice that all the kids have things they like to do now.

US said...

Hey, Lisa! I went to JR High in that area. We lived in Cedar Hills. I babysat in Orange Park and that was THE mall back in 1984!!

Kathy in UT

Lisa in Jax said...

De'Etta,

ME TOO! Love them.lol

Jodi,

It is so nice to see everyone finding things to do. I'm tired though.lol

Kathy!

How cool! My mom used to work in Cedar Hills. What's so funny is that it's STILL The Mall around here.lol Small world.

Emily said...

Ahhhhh . . the running around . .remember those days. Now that I have 2 driving and another one who just got their permit . . my driving around time has diminished greatly :-)

Kristine said...

Oh, THAT is funny how surprised the kids are that you skate well!!!! (That sentence could probably stand some major editing!)

My grocery bill would be much better if my dh stopped doing any shopping, lol.

Why is it so easy for me to imagine that gymnastics is a VERY good fit for Evie!?!

Romany said...

It is good when they start to find their niche, isn't it?

Sound slike a satisfying week for you, Lisa.

Lisa in Jax said...

Rub it in Emily.LOL Someday soon I'll be in your shoes!lol

Kristine,

Well, you know that I've always been a grown up with no life.LOL How could I skate?lol

I've found the same in my home. The farther the dh is from the store, the better.lol

Evie is a firecracker! All you need is one look and you'd know she'd do well. We just weren't sure how she'd take instruction.lol

It was a great week Dorothy!

Cynthia said...

Sorry Lisa. I can't imagine a bad day in FL (LOL)!