Friday, August 10, 2007

My Daily Ramblings...

Here are a few photos from today. I'm feeling poorly and have put off anything that takes too much effort until I'm feeling better. I hate being ill but it is something that I've been dealing with my whole life. I guess the only thing I hate most, is how it affects my kids. Sometimes we can't do whatever it was that we were going to do that day. I gain tremendous strength and undying hope in knowing that someday I will be healed, even if it is when I get to heaven. I am truly blessed by this time that God has given me and by all that I have been trusted with while I'm here. I WISH that I could be whole and healthy but I'm thankful that I have this time with my kids. They have been such a blessing to me and I pray that when they grow up they will think fondly of me even though I wasn't always able to do everything that they wanted. I love them all so much!
Allison and Sophia in a contrived photo...snort,lol

Jon, being watched when he's not looking...lol


Evie doing what she loves most, hanging out in Jon's room playing video games...


Allison doing what she loves most, singing and playing her guitar...


Sophia, bouncing and bouncing. I'm thinking we should have called her Tigger...

Isaac saying THE END...

Blessings,

Lisa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been ill.

Praying for healing for you and a peaceful house in the meantime.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm sorry you've been ill. Praying....wow...look at your tigger....love the photo of Isaac with the game...he has the power....cool photos of Allison and Sophia too.....

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Did my comment go through- I got a "BX whatever" error from blogger.

Kathy in WA said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Is this something you've struggled with for a long time? Chronic illness?

I love the pictures. The one of the girls is gorgeous. Don't ever, ever admit to staging these shots. At least don't do it in the blog itself. Wait a bit and then casually mention, "Oh yes, occasionally I encourage my beloved and extremely photogenic children in a natural pose for the camera."

We owe it to people to let them believe there are some perfect families out there in the world. I'm doing my best. Ha!

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better today. I sure wish Sophia was...sigh.

No, DeEtta. Your message didn't come through.

Kathy,

Yes, I have two chronic illnesses that like to take turns with me. I have something close to Chris and I have asthma. I've been ill for 15 years now. Some days are better than others and I'm usually pretty sick for the first few months after a baby is born.

LOL I only mentioned staging because of your post. I found myself doing it and found it pretty funny.LOL

Perfect families...I think that's an oxymoron, right?lololol

Kathy in WA said...

Lisa, I had no idea you have two chronic illnesses! My goodness, that is really difficult.

I'm just teasing about the staging. I just hate to see people give away all of our "secrets to great blogging." LOL!

Yes, I think the only thing you can safely say is true about families is that they are messy and NOT perfect. :)

Cynthia said...

singing and guitar playing are also very common sights around here.

Hope you're feeling better SOON!

Kristine said...

Lisa, I understand from a different perspective, seeing Robert deal with his BS. (Can I say that? It's what we call it.) Life like this is short--you will have an eternity of no pain. And I watch my kids, particularly Trevor, struggle when Rob can't do all that Trevor would like. But everyone has limitations, the health ones though often seem more frustrating.

As your children are a blessing to you, so are you to them.