Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Daily Ramblings...

Just look at that face...lol



Yesterday we took a trek to the local Michaels for some much needed art supplies. Everyone left the store happy with what we bought.LOL We also received some toys for Isaac in the mail yesterday from Amazon. I happened to look at their close out toys and found this hot rod for $5.00. I thought it was going to be the size of a matchbox car but it is huge! Very nice quality and all the doors open as does the trunk and hood. He loved it so much, he slept with it last night.LOL
Checking out the new vehicle...

In exciting young adult news, my dd passed her drivers test yesterday! I'm so proud of her. We go tomorrow for the Learners Permit and she'll be driving in no time. My wonderful dh has accepted the challenge of teaching her to drive. I just don't think learning with 4 other kids in the car is the best environment.LOL Although I guess it would be like a trial by fire...lol

I'm going to work on my freezer and a quilt project this week and I'll post some "during" photos for you all.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Way to go with the driving test. Mike began teaching the girls in a 15 pas van with 8 kids in it....I finally said 'Please - no more'.

We're in the process of jumping through the state of TX hoops for a permit for Jamin...wow they make it hard here for a PERMIT!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to Allison on passing the drivers test. Emily will start drivers ed during the winter session! I can't believe we're about ready to have a 2nd young adult driver in the house!

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks! She's really excited about learning. We've been working on this for a couple of months now and she finally accomplished all the hoops she needed to jump through.LOL It sure will be nice to have an extra driver around.

Anonymous said...

The picture of Sophia is great -- you need to frame that one!

Did you use a curriculum for the driver's ed?

Trying not to think about that...

Lisa in Jax said...

Liz,

Yes we're using Driver's Ed in a Box. It really prepared Allison for the written test and now we're going to be working on the actual driving part. ack!

I do love that photo of Sophia.LOL

Jodi said...

Congratulations Allison!!!!