Friday, May 04, 2007

Yesterday was one of 'those' days. It started out pretty good. I was being extremely proactive.lol First I made everyone breakfast, then loaded the dishwasher for it's first run of the day. After that I decided I'd better get my crockpot meal started so that I wouldn't forget later in the day. I browned the porkchops and got everything in the crock. The day was looking to be a good one. After the littles ate, I promptly put them in the tub. I've been bathing them in the day lately so that we have less to do at night when I'm pretty tired. I was able to collect all the laundry and get that started while the littles played in the tub. I got them out, then decided to check the porkchops. Normally, I don't even mess with a crockpot meal once it's in the crock but this was a new recipe and I wanted to smell the sauce to see if the littles would eat it. The crock was cold.LOL I guess it works better when you plug it in. Well, it had only been about 1/2 hour so I plug it in and am thankful that I caught it. A few minutes later, I hear this horrible noise coming from my kitchen. It sounds like my washing machine but as I run towards it, I realize it's my dishwasher!!! Now you all know I just replaced the last appliance in my kitchen. The dishwasher was the first thing we had to replace when we moved in last year. Here it is, grinding and shaking and hissing....ugh! I turn it off and call dh. I start a frantic search for the receipt and service contract. It takes me hours to find it. My dh says he hasn't seen it, that I had it and I remind him that no, he had it last.lol Finally, I decide to "be the dh, who really didn't want to mess with it and so I would sit it where ever so I don't have to." It works.lolol It was in his old briefcase. I call Lowes and they say the earliest they can come out is on the 10th. He must have heard the desperation in my voice when I asked if there was anyway they could come out sooner.LOL He searches around and is able to find someone who says they can come out tomorrow, which is today! I'm so relieved. Doing dishes for 7 while taking care of a newborn was not on my to-do list.lolol As I pass by the crockpot, I decide to check the "smell factor" since this time it's had plenty of time to cook. This is when I find out that my oldest son had unplugged it to plug in the toaster....three hours ago. double ugh! Now it's almost 4 and I usually serve the littles dinner at 5. My ds asks if he can take Evie swimming and I figure that will keep them busy while I fix a new dinner. I give Isaac the hose to play with, Jon's outside swimming with Evie, I start Beef noodle soup with the leftover roast I had from lunch, while Sophia screams in Allison's arms.lol I get the soup started, check on Isaac who has coated himself with wet sand, and take the screaming baby from Allison and have her snap beans. I then feed the screaming baby, then finish the soup, bathe the little's yet again, and feed them by 5:30. Then I ate while Allison held the screaming baby. Dh got home at almost 7 and offered to take Allison to her dance classes and he also took the two littles. When he got home, I had just finally gotten Sophia asleep and then I put Isaac to bed. Afterwards he went to get Allison and I read stories to Evie and then put her to bed. By now it's 9 and I'm tired. lol I'm just thankful that most days are better than this.lolol

Blessings,

Lisa

6 comments:

Romany said...

I'm glad most of your days are better than that one! {g}

Dorothy

Jen said...

Yikes! Glad you survived!

Lisa in Jax said...

They have to be better or I'd run away.LOL

Cynthia said...

Lisa,
Whew... glad that one's behind you!

Jodi said...

oh my that was "one of those days" on steroids or something! Hop the dishwasher is repaired FAST.

Lisa in Jax said...

I forgot to mention that the dishwasher was fixed on Saturday! YAY!