Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An Update, a Funny, and two Praises...

Isaac's surgery went great! They gave him anti-nausea meds and motrin/tylenol combo and is quite comfy. He woke up this morning like any other day and didn't even need any other meds. What a blessing! Thank you all for praying!

Now for the funny part. While I was getting Sophia down for her morning nap, Isaac snuck into the kitchen, past the open gate and ate a whole container of cream cheese. I KNEW he was too quiet. He also moved the bread around the kitchen and used the icecream scoop to eat the cheese.LOL

The Blessings:

Sophia slept through the night again last night! I still can't believe that she can do that. NONE of my other bfed children slept more than 3-4 hours until after their first birthdays.LOL I feel guilty getting that much sleep.

Eric bought me a new cover for the patio! This means that Isaac will be able to go outside and play. This is soooo wonderful. He is such an out-doorsy kind of guy.


Nothing else going on right now. The kids are doing quite well in their school work, the new schedule is great, and I've been working with both littles during Sophia's naptime. I've even been able to get the chores done!LOL

I joined www.paperbackswap.com and am having fun getting rid of the books we don't want and getting some books we do need and even some just to enjoy.LOL It's also been good for Jon, he's been taking the books to the post office everyday. He said that the lady at the post office told him she'd see him tomorrow when he left yesterday.LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Lisa, what a praise that Isaac did so well. That is wonderful and I'm sure relief to momma.

What a good baby Sophia is. She knows momma needs her sleep.

Had to chuckle about the cream cheese. Hannah and Dan ate a whole bag of marshmallows the other day! Yikes.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Too funny about the cream cheese! LOL

It's FUN when those PBS books leave and when they come. LOL

Jodi said...

Yeah Sophia!!!!

So glad to hear that Isaac's surgery went better this time. Oh dear about the cream cheese!

I love Paperback swap too.

Kathy in WA said...

Huge praise, Lisa, that Isaac's surgery went so well. Yay! I'm so glad Sophia is sleeping. My kids ALL slept through the night without any trouble (all breastfed). Not bragging, just encouraging you that they can do it. :)

The cream cheese eating boy is funny. if you were De'Etta, of course, you would have captured it on film so we could see it him in action. ha!

Anonymous said...

"Isaac snuck into the kitchen, past the open gate and ate a whole container of cream cheese."

A man after my own heart.

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL, Debbie I'll take cheese over marshmallows any time.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear that it can be done.LOL My last two never slept until just a few months ago.

You're right. I should have gotten a picture.lol What was I thinking?LOL

I've never seen someone who loves cream cheese this much before. We actually only buy it for him.LOL

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the paperback swap link.. I'm thinking I really should give it a try one of these days.

Lisa in Jax said...

Cynthia,

It's a great website! I've gotten many of the books needed for the kids, just by posting books we didn't need any longer. Sure saves me some money.