Wednesday, August 30, 2006




Homemade Playdough
(from the book Get Ready, Set, Grow! by Morris and Crilly)

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp cream of tartar
3 cups water

Mix and cook over very low heat until not sticky to touch.


This stuff is great! It's very soft for young ones and has no dyes or anything unnatural. Make sure you use a very strong spoon to make it and have very well developed arm muscles. LOL

Well, I received Genevieve's next shipment of books today. I had to sneak them into my room since I bought more than for just this month. She has been following me around ALL day to do this new sticker book and I have to say that I'm impressed. This book is well done and maybe a little more complex than the last book. This one is called: My Big Book of Stickers by Matt Denny and it has special sticker puzzles to make it more interesting. It contains over 600 stickers and has a few more topics than the last book like leaves, flowers, and dinosaurs. We have already sat down and worked on it for about 45 mins total since it got here and we haven't even made a dent in it. I also purchased Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! and Cloudy, With a Chance of Meatballs. ALL the kids love the Pigeon books and I'm saving the Meatball book for bedtime tonight.

Well, tropical storm Ernesto is coming through today. Other than it being cloudy with occasional storms, it's like a normal day here in "Sunny Florida". LOL The best part is that it has lowered the temps and I was able to turn up the air conditioner to save money.
Well, I guess that's it for today. I have to decide between Beef Stew and Split Pea Soup for dinner tonight and need to get "it" on the stove soon. LOL Decisions, decision...
Blessings,
Lisa








No comments: