Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here's an update from our lives...lol, I'm still trying to keep my cookies down. Some days I'll feel fine and then, wham! I can't even get up. Other days, it's all I can do to eat and nap. I'm hoping that this will end soon. I have my very first OB appt on Aug 18th and I'm getting excited. I'm hoping that since I put this off for so long that I'll be able to hear the baby at the appt. lol

Isaac had his 9th laser surgery last Thurs. He did remarkably well. This hospital really does a good job with the little ones. He wasn't even sick after he woke up. He acted like it was just another day and didn't even need tylenol the day after his surgery!

Jon decided that he really wanted to try school. My dh and I agreed and he has gone this whole week. I'm not sure how things will turn out but we did offer this to the kids and I am going to trust that God is in control and that he will look after Jon while he's in school each day. I am watching him closely and if I start to see things that I don't like, he'll be back home in a flash. So far he's enjoying the experience. I'm glad to see that he can hold his own in a classroom though. He's in all gifted classes and they require a lot of projects. Way more hands on than I expected.lol

Allison decided to stay home. She said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."lol She seems quite happy and is doing well in her first year of highschool. She has chosen Algebra 1, SL200, CQLA Level C, Apologia Biology, Guitar, and Spanish 2.

We almost put Evie in preschool but she really didn't want to go, so she's staying home with the rest of us. She's just so active that we thought she might like getting out for 3 hours a day but no, she was quite unhappy with the whole thought of it. I'm glad. I know that my dh was just trying to lighten the load but I'm very happy that most of the kids would rather have their mom than the lure of spending the whole day with their peers.

I guess that's it for now. I'm just too exhausted to write any more.lol If you all feel like praying, please pray that my tummy settles down soon and that my energy perks back up so that I can keep up with these kids.

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments: