Friday, November 23, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Day...

Our day dawned bright and early with the exciting hum of the Nebulizer. Yes, Sophia was wheezing like an 80year old chain smoking asthmatic. We started the treatments and are doing the 5am, 1pm, and 9pm routine for now reserving the right to change and do the 5-11-5-11 plan. After her treatment and subsequent buzz wore off, I accidently (oh, who am I kidding?) fell asleep.lol My Thanksgiving day restarted at the ripe hour of 10am. Yikes! That got me in gear.lol I got dinner started and set the older kids to bringing in the Christmas tree and decorations. The littles were overexcited and my living room can attest to that.lol

I made the executive decision to have the kids begin the annual Gingerbread house assembly. Nothing says gingerbread like the sound of a hair dryer...feel the fun folks...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jon was an expert roof holder togetherer...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He also made a great model...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here they are decorating the house while my younger ones look on in a candy induced stupor...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's Jon showing the proper way to adhere the candy to the house...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm breaking up the excitment into two parts because I don't want to overwhelm you all with our exciting day...



5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I see now that you AREN'T all feeling well and you STILL did all that...wow. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

It was a very crazy day but I think other than the occasional temper tantrums, things went well.LOL

Kristine said...

I NEVER thought of using the blow dryer!

Lisa in Jax said...

It's the only way to put a gingerbread house together in one day.LOL I saw this on The Food Network's Challenge series. All the professionals used hair dryers.LOL

Jodi said...

I too never knew to use a hair dryer with gingerbread houses, great tip!

It came out very nice and the fun pictures of your kids are great.