Monday, November 12, 2007

My Menu for this week...

I know I haven't been posting my menu lately. The past few weeks have been very stressful and overwhelming for me. I'm thankful that I took last week off and was able to just enjoy my family and get the house ready for the holidays.

Here's the list for this week...

Dinner

Taco Stuff (I'm making Kristine's shredded beef tonight)
Pork Roast with noodles and steamed veggies
Black beans and rice with salad
Chicken and dumplings
Split pea soup with homemade bread
Leftovers


I'm working on a list for Thanksgiving dinner this week also.

I'm thinking...

Turkey with homemade stuffing and gravy
mashed potatoes
homemade rolls
maybe asparagus or some other yummy green
Salad
Cranberry relish
maybe a small sweet potato casserole


Dessert will consist of...

Homemade pumpkin pie with cool whip
Cookies!!! Maybe 5 different kinds.LOL
I'd also really like some pecan pie tarts. I LOVE those things!lol I'll have to see if I can make them Dairy free. Probably can.


I'm getting excited about that turkey! I'm going to cook the carcass overnight in my Rival Roaster with water to make really good broth. I plan on freezing it for lunches and dinners. I've found that this is the very best tasting broth AND it's pretty much free! Just add the carcass, an onion, a few carrots, a few celery stalks and let cook on 200 degrees overnight and in the morning you have a rich yummy broth. Good stuff!

Blessings,

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Lisa, I was dreaming of making broth too last week.....and then we had chicken one night and I saved all the bones and made some broth....now I can last until Thanksgiving. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! So at least it's not just me...that broth is so much better than the canned kind. I think that I'm just going to have to do this regularly!

Romany said...

I like to get excited about holiday food, too!

Cynthia said...

Your menu looks GREAT! I've also started on my Thanksgiving menu and hope to pick up most of the groceries this weekend.