Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today's been a pretty good day. I ran to the store early this morning because we are supposed to be getting some really yucky storms this afternoon and I didn't want to get caught in it. I forgot to adjust the amount of milk we would be using this week since I'm cooking breakfast for the freezer and Jon is ill and doesn't drink very good unless it's flavored drinks. I don't usually buy juice and such but since he's sick I'll make an exception.LOL I know how awful water can taste when you're not feeling well.

The littles have been eating extremely well today! They must be growing.LOL So far, they've eaten 2 freezer pancakes, yogurt, a turkey sandwich, 2 clementines, 2 biscuits, and Isaac has had in addition to that above, a banana, and a piece of bacon and Evie has had an apple.LOL I didn't think they could hold that much!

Today I decided to get some protein in the freezer. I was going to do waffles but decided to work on the egg biscuits instead. I used 12 eggs, 3/4 cup whole milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and one slice of crisp bacon. I baked this contraption until set in a 9x13 glass pan, cut it into 15 squares and let cool. I then made 20 biscuits using a biscuit mix from LLL and used 4 1/2 cups mix to 1 1/3 cup whole milk. That gave me 15 egg biscuits for the freezer and 5 biscuits for the kids to enjoy. I now have 3 freezer bags of pancakes, 1 of french toast and 2 of egg biscuits. Tomorrow I'll work on the waffles and leftover french toast. I'm hoping that this will last me around a month. We'll see.LOL I'm noticing that they are eating much better with so much in the freezer. I'm not sure if it's because of the novelty or if they are just growing.

I never got the laundry done yesterday so I've been chipping away at it all day today. I think that I'll probably do a load everyday from now on until the baby comes. I'd hate for someone to run out of undies while I'm in the hospital.lol The kids will be staying with my parents while I'm there and knowing the kids, if it's not in their drawers they won't remember to bring it. lolol

I have my next dr's appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping for some better news.LOL I'll let you know how it goes.

Blessings,

Lisa

4 comments:

US said...

You've been busy! I have done some freezer cooking for the time when baby and I come home from the hospital, but nothing for breakfast. What is LLL? I'd like to make some biscuits, but haven't found a recipe I love.

Kathy

Lisa in Jax said...

If you go to my labels and click on recipes, scroll down to my chicken soup recipe and I've posted it there. Of course I just posted the recipe on SHS so you can get it there easier.LOL

Yes, I've been pretty busy! My mom lives close by and has offered help in the dinner area and a friend delivered me 2 freezer meals so I've been working on breakfast since the littles don't like cereal. Just one more cooking day and I'll be all set. Of course, then I don't know what I'll do to keep busy waiting on this baby.lol

Cynthia said...

Looks like you're about ready for baby! GOOD JOB on getting all of those meals in the freezer.

Lisa in Jax said...

THANKS Cynthia!!! I've been working hard in hopes of having a few weeks off when this baby comes. We'll see...lol