Monday, February 12, 2007

First of all can I just say, why is it that I can't go into Target without spending an arm and a leg?!!? Eric and I started our weekend by going to Target "just for some valentines" and left with a whole van full of different things that we "needed."LOL I think it's some sort of vortex that sucks you in and doesn't let you leave until you've spent at least $100.


Today has been a very productive day so far. Especially since I only got around 4 hours of sleep last night.lol So far, I've made 3 gallon freezer bags full of plain and chocolate chip pancakes and 1 bag full of french toast. I also made probably a whole freezer bag worth of pancakes that the kids inhaled for breakfast while I was cooking.lol Tomorrow, I'll work on the waffles and one more bag of french toast. I just couldn't do anymore today. I also managed to pour milk on Isaac's head and all over the floor. Don't ask.lolol I did get them both cleaned up though, so that should count for something.lol

It's now noon and I'm just about to start the wash but I wanted to post my recipe for Beef Noodle Soup so that I can remember how I make it since it seems to be the littles favorite soup right now.

Beef Noodle Soup
by ME!

1/2 pound or so of leftover beef (can be roast, steak, whatever)
4 cups or so of beef stock (can be leftover from potroast or canned)
2 cups frozen veggies (we like corn, peas, greenbeans, carrots, lima beans)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
2 cups water
1 cup canned tomato, chopped(1/2 the can)
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 tsp salt
a generous helping of pepper

Cook all this for about an 1/2 hour on med heat. Add a grain. I used egg noodles but I think leftover rice would be good too. Even leftover whole grain rice would be good in this. I also think barley or potatoes would be good. Cook until noodles or whatever are done. Serve with a nice crusty bread and a nice green salad.

Blessings,

Lisa in Jax

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm the same way with Target... it's all of those GREAT sale aisles that do me in (LOL).

Jodi said...

I know what you mean I love Target! When i go in Walmart all I can think of is getting what I need and getting out but Target seems to keep me in there too long! The one nearest us is set up very nicely and there are always short lines, gotta love that. Good thing we live pretty far from the shops or I'd be in there too often!

You are doing SO well. I was never that prepared for any of my pregnancies and we basically went into survival mode afterwards. You're doing a wonderful service for your family.