Friday, June 23, 2006

Boundaries...

I am learning a lot from my youngest kids lately! I guess sometimes I forget that even the littlest ones need boundaries, they are just usually in the form of concrete things instead of them being mental. LOL

In other words, I put up gates today. I hate gates but it is amazing how the behavior of the kids changed, like they felt more secure. It made me realize that I feel better with boundaries too. I have been wrestling with lots of insecure feelings since the move. Things have changed and I am slowly beginning to see where my boundaries need to be for me to feel safe and secure. It's hard to put up those walls at first because it feels like your freedom is in jeopardy but once things are up and running you realize that this is how life should be. I have to admit that I wish I had put up those gates sooner. LOL

Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great thoughts - welcome to the world of blogging.

D

Lisa in Jax said...

Thanks, De'Etta. I never knew that blogging could be so much fun!

Lisa