Monday, December 20, 2010

Found

I used to think that there was no God; that you lived, died and there was nothing. Even then, God was there.

Later, I realized that God was there and always had been. But then, I believed that my sin was too great and that it was too late for God to ever forgive me. Mercifully, patiently, lovingly, God waited.

Finally, I knew that God really loved me, already knew me, wanted to forgive me, it wasn't too late, and He had been waiting all. this. time. In faith, I took one very small step towards Him.

In God's greatness, He swept me up and carried me the rest of the way. And I rested in Him.

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation" (Romans 10:9-10).


(I wrote this for my and Eric's baptism on Oct 24th 2010)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

He is amazing, incredible, indescribable . . . What a blessing to hear of your baptism with Eric. :)