Monday, May 29, 2006

Musings of my past...

I was just thinking back, you know, at how this whole journey began and I am amazed at how far we've come! I can definitely see God's hand in our lives. Here I am, pretty much starting over and it's a bit overwhelming but knowing that God's here and in control sure helps.

I am just about to start teaching my little Genevieve how to read. She's three and a half years old and quite feisty. Being that she's my third, I just know that she's ready. She's questioning EVERYTHING, and is quite upset over the fact that she doesn't know everything already. I'm going to be using the same stuff I used with my first two. Learn to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and really, really old readers from my husband's kindergarten years. I usually start in 100 Easy but quickly move into the readers because it gives the kids a sense of accomplishment. I'll also use some computer games, like the old Reader Rabbit series. You just can't beat them. I'm hoping that I unpack them soon. Sometimes I think about getting one of those new curriculums out there to teach her with, but then I think, why fix what isn't broken? As long as she's reading, who cares how she gets there?

No comments: